Flirc Forums

Bricked Jeff Probe

I have a jeff probe. I tried to update the probe to what I thought was a newer firmware version. Since there is very little documentation and community support, I used the firmware for the native black magic probe. This bricked the device but left the bootloader. While I was trying to get the probe back to it's original state, the bootloader got wiped as well. I have searched everywhere for a prebuilt copy of the firmware but it doesn't seem to exist. I found the repository github.com/flirc/blackmagic. No matter what I try, I can't get it to build. It always errors out before the firmware is built. I tried going to your support page and download page for the jeff probe but it is always "under construction." I lost usb functionality with the bootloader but I have it hooked up to the bus pirate using open ocd. Please, I need a copy of the prebuilt firmware to restore the device.

Also, the device will not boot into bootloader mode because the bootloader was wiped. That means, if I hold down the button and then plug it in, it still will not go into bootloader mode. lsusb, dmsg, and the like do not detect the device. NOTHING works.

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same issue, the board I wanna debug is lpc4370 and it would error out, so i figured a firmware update would help. But it wont build. Newer toolchains find more warnings and errors, but even turning off Werror it still finds actually errors not warnings. I worked thru sum of them before giving up. A schematic is a must if we ever wanna repurpose it as well, or use sercom mixing to bust out say i2c. Reading the forum etc it doesnt seem likely well ever even get a response on this. Even knowing what toolchain version they managed to compile this with would be a huge help.

• 2 weeks later...

I really fucked up, I'm sorry. I'll get you a new board, I'm sorry it got messed up while you were waiting.

I updated github with better instructions, a quick fix to samd targets, and binaries. I also included schematics.

I don't do much work on this. I am so overwhelmed with this new product. Harmony competitor. Massive project. Years in the making. Starting production shortly. Still a lot to do but it's all quickly coming together.