Flirc Forums

Directional keypresses mixing up.

00g

If I'm going down (or up) through a directory in XBMC, and I'm pressing down (or up) repeatedly, it will all of a sudden go left. Then, I'll have to press right to get back to the directory and continue my navigation.

This is on a Acer Revo 3700. I've tried this with a few different remotes thinking maybe the IR codes were too similar on the remote I was using. But, the outcome was the same.

When I get home today, I intend on giving the new beta FW a test and see if that fixes the issue. The FW I'm using now is the one Jason sent me via email when he fixed the issue where the FLIRC was going to sleep and not waking up (v1.0).

The issue happens whether I'm repeatedly pressing the button, and when I hold the button down. As for slow presses, I'll have to check. I'd say my normal scrolling rate when looking for a movie would be 1.5-2 presses per second.

I'm currently using a Sony DVD remote. My previous remote I believe was a RCA DVD (old school Xbox IR codes).

i just updated the FW to the beta "wake up" version, and the problem persists.

And it doesn't matter if I'm scrolling through a list quickly or slowly. Every one in a while it'll just go left.

I've used command line stuff in the past. But, not much. Mostly just for rooting my phones and what-not.

@00g

I had exactly the same problem (also a Sony remote, probably not a coincidence)

I can confirm that setting the sensitivity to 0 via the command line fixed the problem. A value of 3 doesn't work, I've not tried 1 or 2.

I guess the down and left buttons work on very similar frequencies.

• Like 1

@00g

I had exactly the same problem (also a Sony remote, probably not a coincidence)

I can confirm that setting the sensitivity to 0 via the command line fixed the problem. A value of 3 doesn't work, I've not tried 1 or 2.

I guess the down and left buttons work on very similar frequencies.

Awesome.

Can anyone direct me to the command line instructions?

If not already, insert Flirc into USB of PC on which Flirc GUI software is installed

Navigate to flirc installation directory, in Windows XP this is normally C:\Program Files\Flirc\

In there, there is another directory called cli change to this directory (cd cli)

From this directory you can run the command line program flirc.exe

You can check the flirc is recognised by entering

flirc.exe version

To change the sensitivity enter

flirc.exe sensitivity 0

(as I said in previous post, 0 seems to work fine, you could try other values, 3 didn't work for me)

If successful you will get a message about having to reprogram the device, TBH I'm not sure if that is actually necessary so try the remote first to see if it works, if it doesn't reprogram it via the GUI

Alternatively, from the Run menu:

"C:\Program Files\flirc\cli\flirc.exe" sensitivity 0

(make sure you put the quotes in the right places)

HTH

Thanks for the instructions.

I was able to adjust the sensitivity. however, when I had it set to zero, and attempted to relearn the IR codes, the GUI would act like everything was great. But, when using the remote, most of the buttons wouldn't work.

I noticed that after learning an IR code for a button, I could immediately go back and set up the same code sometimes 5 time before I'd get the "button already existed" dialog box.

I tried all the sensitivity levels and noticed I was getting the very same results with all of them. Even when I put it back to level 3.

When I have some more time, I'll play around with it a little more.

Just a heads up to anyone else looking to do this. When I tried running the flirc.exe from cli folder, the command line would come up for a split second and then go away anytime I ran it (on 2 different machines).

I was able to run it by:

Navigating to the cli folder, holding the shift key, and right clicking inside the cli folder, then clicking "open command window here", then typing flirc.exe in the command line. This would launch the command line FLIRC program and keep it up so I could adjust the sensitivity.

• 1 year later...

Old topic, but i just wanted to drop in and say that I'm facing the same issue! 

I'm facing this on 2 separate computers using Flirc + XBMC (frodo).

One system uses a Sony DVD remote, the other uses a Logitech Harmony (perhaps with a sony profile, don't remember).

Strangely though, i was scrolling down a list with my keyboard down-arrow yesterday and the left menu popped up (I'm fairly sure i didn't touch the left key)! Maybe its an XBMC issue?

cya

R

One system uses a Sony DVD remote, the other uses a Logitech Harmony (perhaps with a sony profile, don't remember).

If the harmony remote is set as a sony remote then we have probably found the culprit.

You could try the lastest beta firmware too to see if that helps.

It's unlikely to be an XBMC issue