Flirc Forums

Send Ir commands from windows 10 using cmd?

JayJay

Hi i have recently bought this device and would like to send ir codes from the computer to my tv (turn on /off) i have the device log code but how do i get it to trigger and send via the ir i have tried many ways but im still having problems i havent used sdk before and have no knowledge but im assuming it can be done via cmd line in windows

any advice would be much appreciated im a newbie at this kind of stuff

Edited by JayJay

Hello!

I am about to use the SDK for that purpose. If the CWD could do it, it would be just wonderful - but my research so far suggests: No, only possible by calling API-function: fl_transmit_raw() 

I hope I am wrong and somebody knows a trick how to send using CMD.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Just found that a recent version of the CMD-tool does have some (slow?!) sending-command:

flirc_util.exe help sendir

But this is new (great) info for me and I need to test. I think slow does not matter in my case. So that would be great if it worked. Somebody knows more?! 

Edited by Ernesto Sun

On 2/12/2021 at 2:58 PM, Ernesto Sun said:

Hello!

I am about to use the SDK for that purpose. If the CWD could do it, it would be just wonderful - but my research so far suggests: No, only possible by calling API-function: fl_transmit_raw() 

I hope I am wrong and somebody knows a trick how to send using CMD.

Thanks!

UPDATE: Just found that a recent version of the CMD-tool does have some (slow?!) sending-command:

flirc_util.exe help sendir

But this is new (great) info for me and I need to test. I think slow does not matter in my case. So that would be great if it worked. Somebody knows more?! 

hi thanx i knew of sendir but it still didnt send via that theres a few posts that might help you if you can actually send from flirc app i cant never mind trying cmd but heres some links for you

http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/search/&q=SendIR command &search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

theres 4 diff links there only 3 did as posts