Jump to content
Flirc Forums

Key press on remote results in multiple (identical) key events, e.g. 1 -> 11111


daff
 Share

Recommended Posts

Setting up my new Flirc with a Harmony 900 remote worked fine, especially after reading the Harmony sticky thread. But I consistently and reproducibly experience the problem that apparently Flirc emits multiple key events for a single key press on the remote.

Example: pressing 1 on the remote results in three to five 1 appearing on the screen (terminal, editor, etc) and of course also in XBMC. I also observe a very short delay between the first (desired) event and the subsequent (superfluous) events.

Setting the interkey_delay to 0 results in exactly three events (two superfluous) occurring while setting it to 7 results in exactly five events (four superfluous). Again, this is completely consistent and reproducible on my systems.

Adjusting the inter-key delay for the Harmony itself using the configuration software doesn't appear to change anything. Currently it is set to 0.

Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64

Harmony 900 configured with Panasonic TC-P65VT30 profile

Flirc Version 1.0.2 [a3bbc3e70a32c4f2]

Firmware Version: 1 10-02-2011

Can I provide anything else?

Edit: I know there is a similar report () but there was no follow-up in the last half year and it also mentions the problem being not consistently reproducible.

Edit 2: For testing I upgraded to fw_wake_v6.bin (255.7 10-02-2011) but it doesn't make any difference. Behaviour remains exactly as described above.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hah, brilliant, that worked! Maybe this information should be added to the Harmony sticky thread? I know I searched these forums up and down but could only find one other (not very helpful) thread (linked above) describing similar symptoms.

Anyway, thank you for the very prompt and helpful reply! And of course for a great product.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I am experiencing similar behaviour. First of all I'd like to point out that I'm using Media Keys v3 firmware. My remote is a Philips one. I've tried to set the interkey_delay value to its max (7) and unplug-plug the device. I think that this problem have been reported in the firmware's thread, but I couldn't find any solutions there to this issue.

Thank you in advance :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too am seeing this repeating of commands, albeit intermittently. In my case it seems related to IR interference. I am using the FLIRC with a Pi running OpenELEC and a low end 32" LCD TV and a SKY+ remote. I have noticed that the position of the FLIRC has an impact. I suspect this may be due to reflected IR from the LCD screen, I note the FLIRC doesn't seem to have an IR filter on its receiver to limit the IR noise given of by other things (such as LCD TVs). Moving the FLIRC tends to stop the behaviour for a while (hours).

 

Looking at the thread above I get the impression a firmware upgrade is coming, any dates?

 

Thanks Nigel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow!

I had the problem with the repeated keys for months now. I didn't like using my MacMini/XBMC any more because of that.

But thanks to your hint, I just put my Flirc _behind_ the LCD (between TV and back wall) and now the repeated keys are gone

although still every press from every angle is recognized.

 

Impressive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have played around and I realized that the problem has something to do with the usb port that i use O_o

 

At a port i got 90% chance to get an double input, at some ports i got a < 10% chance.

 

This double input seems to have absolut nothing to do with the ir signal because, even if i block the ir signal manually it stills do inputs ... :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...