Flirc Forums

Newbie: Tried many options but all failed

rubenesque

Hi;

Thanks for the great help around here.

I have tried to setup Flirc and my Harmony One without success. I have read many installation procedures and I am confused. I have programmed FLIRC with keyboard layout but keys needed to be pressed twice to work, and even though the delay to execution was huge (so I canned that one). Next, I programmed MCE Keyboard and MCPC in the remote and linked them with an action to launch XBMC automatically using WIN-7 command and then use the keyboard layout i programmed. That did not work either...

WISH LIST:

1. Have XBMC as a command in remote
  2. When pressed

a) I need TV on and HDMI 3 selected

B) XBMC launched on the PC

then control from there with a keyboard layout.

ASSUMPTION:

A second TV profile would not work since I need my TV to switch to HDMI 3 and so on... is this correct?

I realize that this list might be a bit pretentious but I would like the convenience this offers.

QUESTIONS

1. Is this possible to do
  2. If yes, what is the best way to program it

Thanks in advance

Hi rubenesque, welcome to the forums

I need TV on and HDMI 3 selected

This is a function of the harmony remote and it's software (or myharmony.com) also your TV has to support switching to a specific input. My TV is quite old and ou can't choose which HDMI to switch to, you have to scroll though the HDMI's one by one.

A second TV profile would not work since I need my TV to switch to HDMI 3 and so on... is this correct?

Don't think so. The second TV profile would be one that is different to your current TV manufacturer so wouldn't control your tv but would have a better key repeat rate for controlling flirc.

Next, I programmed MCE Keyboard and MCPC in the remote and linked them with an action to launch XBMC automatically using WIN-7 command and then use the keyboard layout i programmed. That did not work either...

Have you tried this method:

Let us know how you get on