Flirc Forums

Ubuntu Minimal 12.10 - problems with resume

burke

Hi guys,

I know there are opened topics on similar problems but somehow i feel mine is a bit different.

My understanding of technical stuff and English is limited to basics so if i miss understand something please just point me to solution.

Forgive me if this is a bit long to read but I feel that explaining in more details is crucial for finding good solution.

I got my flirc almost a year ago, bought it to control my XBMC machine. I used fw 1.

My Hw ( which can be relevant) is Zotac H55 ie + i3 500. Remote is Oneforall ES4

First I used it with Win7 - no problems sleep/wake worked 10+ (any button would wake system). I suffered problems with win drivers and hw acceleration so i moved from Win7.

Then i used it on Openelec system (beta 2) no problems there either 10+ (any button would wake system). Openelec has some problems with addons i use so i had to move once again...

XBMCbuntu 11.0 - no problems 10+ (any button would wake system). XBMCbuntu has no ability to change speed of keyboard and using remote was a problem (vol + / - , sub delay and different functions are to hard to control ) it just does not feel right.

Then I stumbled on this on XBMC forum "HOW-TO: Automated efficient (dedicated) XBMC installation on Ubuntu minimal 12.10".

This was great in terms of boot time, remote feel and whole XBMC experience. But this was the firs time a had problems with wake.

I quickly found this topic on flirc forum:

After reading i checked my setting and just made new udev rule. Flashed my fw to ver 6 and tried it out - worked like a charm but....

If i use ver 6 my flirc will wake my machine on any remote signal - from tv, sat or amp remote :(

Even bigger problem was that when woken from other signals, aside from "wake command" flirc is not present on system until it is plugged to a different port.

After that I reverted back to fw ver1, with udev rule still in place I am able to wake my system using remote, but after that flirc is not present in system (until it is plugged to a different port).

I found a program to reset usb but it does not work cause system does not see a device present to reset.

I did ask abut this in thread on xbmc forum and opened a topic on ask ubuntu forum but I got no answer to this day :(

I can't imagine this to be a flirc problem - cause it worked just fine on older versions of linux, but i am unable to solve this one on my own.

Hopefully someone here can help me out.

If you need more info just tell my what you need, i do not know almost anything abut linux so do not know where to start.

Thank you.

Burke

Hi Chris,

Thank you anyway :)

I seem to have made some progress.

I disabled Legacy USB support in BIOS

- USB 2.0 Controler mode

- BIOS AHCI Hand-off

- Legacy USB1.1 HC Support

After that flirc is sometimes active after resume. :)

Further more i found how to unbind and bind back usb ports

(did found one like that before but it had typos so it did not work correctly, I did not notice that because I do not have sufficient Linux knowledge)

I found resume script that I am "moding" to my system and will test it for few days and get back with results.

All I can say it looks promising (did just one test so far though).

I woke my system with flirc and it was not present, but after entering:

echo -n "0000:00:1d.0" | tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/uhci_hcd/unbind

echo -n "0000:00:1d.1" | tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/uhci_hcd/unbind

echo -n "0000:00:1d.2" | tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/uhci_hcd/unbind

echo -n "0000:00:1d.0" | tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/uhci_hcd/bind

echo -n "0000:00:1d.1" | tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/uhci_hcd/bind

echo -n "0000:00:1d.2" | tee /sys/bus/pci/drivers/uhci_hcd/bind

Flirc was present and working 10/10. :)