Flirc Forums

Remote Code Viewer

farproc

The remote I decided to use with my flirc was the Yamaha Rav214.

It, itself, is a programmable remote, with a multi device switcher, and quite a lot of keys that *dont* switch codes when the function selector is changed.

As such, its a bit of a nightmare to setup in the current flirc GUI - Ive had to experiment with several different layouts (mappings of the buttons on the remote to button assignments in flirc) as

- some of the buttons turned out to not be used (on the remote) on some target devices.

- other buttons were common accross several layouts (and, so I ended up simultaneously driving the volume on xbmc AND the av receiver at the same time).

- some of the buttons seem to use an alternating coding so I need to program them twice to the same function or I need to press twice to get a single generated keypress.

I think that an "exploration" window that - without attempting to bind a button to a function - would simply show some kind of unique representation of detected input (and, if it currently does have a binding, show that too) would be bloody useful for figuring out this kind of remote.

And generally assist in diagnosing remotes with potential dead buttons.

feedback ftw.

Makes sense to me. I like the idea.

A lot of the issues I find people have is due to erronous signals being taken as remote control presses (and flirc is sensitive - a good and bad characteristic).

This could help debug and perhaps in the programming stages too.