Flirc Forums

Flirc + WMC + Shield

FlipperBizkut

Simple question first:  Is there any way to prevent all button presses except one from waking up the Shield TV?

My Environment:  I have an HTPC that is running an old version of XBMC, and I control it with a Harmony 650 using a MCE IR dongle.  For 4k and HDR stuff, I have been using my Shield TV with its terrible remote.  Today was the day that I was going to finally hook up my Flirc to the Shield TV and have one remote to rule them all.

I actually got everything working great, except for the wake up issue.  When I am blasting Kodi commands to the HTPC, they wake up the Shield TV.  It's not all IR commands (like volume up and down) that wake up the Shield TV, but there are a lot of them that apparently overlap.  What would be amazing is if I could assign a single key (that I don't otherwise use for the HTPC) to wake up the Shield TV, and only that key (all others to be ignored).  Is there any way to do that?

The other thought I had was to just map different IR codes to the Full Keyboard controller (which I did), but it seems that the XBMC commands on the HTPC still wake up the Shield TV.  Is there any way to make it to where the Flirc only recognizes certain IR codes and no others?  My attempt at that was to program my Harmony with some old X10 IR codes, and I then mapped those to the Full Keyboard.  It all worked, but again, the other ones still worked too.  Does that make sense?

I'm super close to having this work perfect for me.  Just the one last thing.  Any ideas?