Jump to content
Flirc Forums
Adri

Flirc not working after upgrade to 3.25

Recommended Posts

Some additional information:
I re-programmed all keys I needed on my Harmony remote, and pushed some keys on the remote.

The result of each key-stroke in the IR-debugging was (a series of digits), followed by 'error, queue full', just like the situation before today's software update.

I also add the logfile and my config file. Hopefully it contains information you can use.


my_flirc_config.fcfgmy_flirc_log.txt

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adri said:

Some additional information:
I re-programmed all keys I needed on my Harmony remote, and pushed some keys on the remote.

The result of each key-stroke in the IR-debugging was (a series of digits), followed by 'error, queue full', just like the situation before today's software update.

I also add the logfile and my config file. Hopefully it contains information you can use.


my_flirc_config.fcfg 556 B · 0 downloads my_flirc_log.txt 3.75 kB · 0 downloads

Good luck!

Unplug, restart, and give it another go. I think windows is just confused because it's stuck in a bad state from last firmware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chizad said:

Sorry, I somehow missed your request for a team viewer session, but after seeing your last message, I did reboot and was able to install the new firmware successfully, and I'm good to go!

Thanks so much for your help and quick responses!

My pleasure, really so sorry about the trouble. It looks like everyone having issues is using windows. Other operating systems ignored the report descriptor issue, but windows USB has always been a nightmare. It was the main motivation for the second generation Flirc which has a custom USB stack and uses only HID, which run completely driverless to avoid windows problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jason,

for me, the issue is completely solved now. Unplugging, removing the software and the driver, folllowed by a re-install resulted in flawlessly working system.
Due to some bad luck/bad timing, my first experience with flirc was a bit confusing. However, now I also have experience with your great customer support ;)

Thanks again,
Adri

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just updated my gen-2 (dori) and both my gen-1 to the latest through v3.25.1 (Windows 10) - the firmware upgrade was successful all 3 times. However:

  • With the gen-2, my Harmony remote controlling LibreELEC (Kodi) suddenly lost the buttons: play, pause, stop and a few others - the remote was transmitting but Kodi was not responding.
  • With the gen-1, they have been fine except every time I run the GUI it tells me I have to update from 3.11 to 3.12 - it was successful and applying the file from earlier in this thread has not fixed it.

I've reprogrammed the missing keys for the gen-2 using the GUI with the Kodi profile, but I have no idea why this has happened seeing as with the other gen-1 were both fine. I've never in the past 5 years needed to do this after any update and the gen-2 worked straight out of the box when I got it, after first updating it to the latest firmware at the time.

I also tried to load an old configuration from some time back and it made no difference - not even sure if it was a save from the gen-1 or the gen-2 to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taomyn said:

I just updated my gen-2 (dori) and both my gen-1 to the latest through v3.25.1 (Windows 10) - the firmware upgrade was successful all 3 times. However:

  • With the gen-2, my Harmony remote controlling LibreELEC (Kodi) suddenly lost the buttons: play, pause, stop and a few others - the remote was transmitting but Kodi was not responding.
  • With the gen-1, they have been fine except every time I run the GUI it tells me I have to update from 3.11 to 3.12 - it was successful and applying the file from earlier in this thread has not fixed it.

I've reprogrammed the missing keys for the gen-2 using the GUI with the Kodi profile, but I have no idea why this has happened seeing as with the other gen-1 were both fine. I've never in the past 5 years needed to do this after any update and the gen-2 worked straight out of the box when I got it, after first updating it to the latest firmware at the time.

I also tried to load an old configuration from some time back and it made no difference - not even sure if it was a save from the gen-1 or the gen-2 to be honest.

 

Hi @Taomyn i think Jason gave a kind of a answer to your problem with the reprogramming of the keys (I had the same problem):

On 12/20/2019 at 11:36 PM, jason said:

You can't just re-load the configuration file. Re-learning the keys is necessary because I'm using new USB codes. I've edited your config file. Load this up and try that.

Sunrise_Flirc.fcfg 348 B · 3 downloads

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Taomyn said:

I just updated my gen-2 (dori) and both my gen-1 to the latest through v3.25.1 (Windows 10) - the firmware upgrade was successful all 3 times. However:

  • With the gen-2, my Harmony remote controlling LibreELEC (Kodi) suddenly lost the buttons: play, pause, stop and a few others - the remote was transmitting but Kodi was not responding.
  • With the gen-1, they have been fine except every time I run the GUI it tells me I have to update from 3.11 to 3.12 - it was successful and applying the file from earlier in this thread has not fixed it.

I've reprogrammed the missing keys for the gen-2 using the GUI with the Kodi profile, but I have no idea why this has happened seeing as with the other gen-1 were both fine. I've never in the past 5 years needed to do this after any update and the gen-2 worked straight out of the box when I got it, after first updating it to the latest firmware at the time.

I also tried to load an old configuration from some time back and it made no difference - not even sure if it was a save from the gen-1 or the gen-2 to be honest.

I have the same problem, LibreELEC. Used to work, after upgrade it broke. Using Harmony, so reinstalled everything. But when starting a movie I cant stop, play/pause. Thoose keys i could map in keymap addon. But when trying to map for example the "dot" keys on remote. Nothing happends.

 

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JoWe said:

I have the same problem, LibreELEC. Used to work, after upgrade it broke. Using Harmony, so reinstalled everything. But when starting a movie I cant stop, play/pause. Thoose keys i could map in keymap addon. But when trying to map for example the "dot" keys on remote. Nothing happends.

 

Regards

I'm going to address this today. What generation of flirc do you guys have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jason said:

I'm going to address this today. What generation of flirc do you guys have?

For me,  the one that had the problem was a gen-2 (dori), the other two are gen-1 and did not have the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Taomyn said:

For me,  the one that had the problem was a gen-2 (dori), the other two are gen-1 and did not have the issue.

I have the same issue :(

Upgrade firmware on MacOS and on my Raspberry Pi4 with LibreElec and my nothings happens when im press Play/Pause/Stop etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, jason said:

Play and Stop seems to work.

But I have some other issues.

In the Harmony software, i have added Flirc kodi mediaplayer.
In Harmony, my "red" button is assigned to "Red (Flirc Media Player)" My "green" button is "Green (Flirc Media Player)

In Kodi, I try to map the buttons with the keymap editor addon. And when i choose the red button nothing happens, but the green or yellow button do work. and maps as for example <key id="61524"> And i can map "Launch Netflix". There are other buttons as well that nothing happens when i try to map them.

If i map the button in Harmony, for example The lower + - signs to "SubtitleDelay+/- (Flirc Media Player)". Nothing happends in Kodi when i press them. But i can map them using keymap editor addon.

Edit. Buttons not working that i know of RED, DVR Two dots and Four dots. Harmony ONE remote.

I cant tell if the problem lies in Flirc or Harmony.
Do you need anything else from me logs or so?
 

1 hour ago, JohnWayne said:

I mean Play/Pause Button on a Harmony 650.

 

Play works fine, Pause without function.

Same here, i went into the harmony software and set "Play" for the pause key as well, that makes the both buttons work as play/pause. (But it was working without the change before)

 

JoWe

 

Edited by JoWe
Buttons added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, JoWe said:

Same here, i went into the harmony software and set "Play" for the pause key as well, that makes the both buttons work as play/pause. (But it was working without the change before)

No, cant agree with that.

I set Play for Pause Key too but with no function.

So, Pause Button has still a bug - would be nice it will be fixed :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dori.release-4.7.0.binLet's take the guess work out of this.

Here is an older version. You can revert back and let me know what is in fact working on the previous version, and what is not work on this version, so we can narrow down the issue being the remote, or flirc.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, jason said:

dori.release-4.7.0.binLet's take the guess work out of this.

Here is an older version. You can revert back and let me know what is in fact working on the previous version, and what is not work on this version, so we can narrow down the issue being the remote, or flirc.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help.

Hi Jason,

I've reverted to 4.7.0 and after that my red button works again. I also reverted the pause button to the pause function in harmony software, and that is working also.

But the other problem seems to be that the function in Harmony, has no funktion in Flirc-Kodi.
If i map my DVR button to "CodecInfo (Flirc Media Player)" Or "AudioNextLanguage (Flirc Media Player)" When i press that button nothing happens. And i cant map it to anything in the keymap editor addon. But if i map the same button (DVR) to "PowerOff (Flirc Media Player). If i press the button, i get the Power Options menu. And i can map the key in key map editor.

I have not been using the other buttons before so i don't know if it has ever been working. I just started investigating when my red button stopped working.

Thanks for the fast reply

 

 

Edited by JoWe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JoWe said:

 

Hi Jason,

I've reverted to 4.7.0 and after that my red button works again. I also reverted the pause button to the pause function in harmony software, and that is working also.

But the other problem seems to be that the function in Harmony, has no funktion in Flirc-Kodi.
If i map my DVR button to "CodecInfo (Flirc Media Player)" Or "AudioNextLanguage (Flirc Media Player)" When i press that button nothing happens. And i cant map it to anything in the keymap editor addon. But if i map the same button (DVR) to "PowerOff (Flirc Media Player). If i press the button, i get the Power Options menu. And i can map the key in key map editor.

I have not been using the other buttons before so i don't know if it has ever been working. I just started investigating when my red button stopped working.

Thanks for the fast reply

 

 

Thanks for the feedback. Let's separate a few things out so we're all on the same page. 

Clear your configuration after loading the firmware, and try the functionality. If you have to 'override' the button, meaning, in my application, you have to go to the keyboard controller, or the kodi controller, and manually record the button in question on the harmony, report what you're recording in my application to get it to work. For example, AudioNextLanguage, Keyboard controller Ctrl+'L'.   or on the kodi controller, the button you used to get it to work. It's possible just have my keyboard shortcuts wrong.

Firmware 4.7.0

Button                      Harmony          Override
Red Button                         working                    xxxx

CodecInfo                              ?                              ?

AudioNextLanguage            ?                              ?

Play                                         ?                              ?

Pause                                     ?                              ?

 

Firmware 4.9.1

Button                      Harmony          Override
Red Button                         working                    xxxx

CodecInfo                              ?                              ?

AudioNextLanguage            ?                              ?

Play                                         ?                              ?

Pause                                     ?                              ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, i haven't had time to test everything. And now the TV is occupied...

But i have tried to manually map keyboard key A to AudioNextLanguage (in keymap xml). After that i recorded an override in your program and mapped "full keyboard" A to the remote press of button with 2 dots. And that works. And O is already defaulted to CodecInfo in Kodi. So i recorded O and pressed DVR on remote. That works as well. But it has to have a mapping in Harmony, if i DVR button has no function in Harmony, i can't override. But shouldn't it work out of the box, with the commands that harmony has preconfigured?

Do you know what Harmony remote is sending to Flirc? For example red button sends a key that Kodi sees as 61584.
And the function in Kodi, CodecInfo. Is the equivalent of O on the keyboard. (have not tested with the key map editor what Kodi sees when there's no override)
But what does Harmony send? And Flirc Receive.

Edited by JoWe
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JoWe said:

Hi, i haven't had time to test everything. And now the TV is occupied...

But i have tried to manually map keyboard key A to AudioNextLanguage (in keymap xml). After that i recorded an override in your program and mapped "full keyboard" A to the remote press of button with 2 dots. And that works. And O is already defaulted to CodecInfo in Kodi. So i recorded O and pressed DVR on remote. That works as well. But it has to have a mapping in Harmony, if i DVR button has no function in Harmony, i can't override. But shouldn't it work out of the box, with the commands that harmony has preconfigured?

Do you know what Harmony remote is sending to Flirc? For example red button sends a key that Kodi sees as 61584.
And the function in Kodi, CodecInfo. Is the equivalent of O on the keyboard. (have not tested with the key map editor what Kodi sees when there's no override)
But what does Harmony send? And Flirc Receive.

What the harmony sends is completely ambiguous. Generic IR signals that I pre-map to functionality. The reason something might be broken is because I updated all the mappings by hand to match my new USB report ID table, which is compatible with the new shield. Without getting too technical, it's not the most elegant way to do things and is prone to mistakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For approx 3 weeks I'm trying to get this Flirc stick to work for me but no success. I'm trying to connect? pair? a Flirc stick with a Harmony 650 

and Vodafone Giga TV 4k Box. Which according to Jason shouldnt be any problem. With the latest software even no need to load any keys. What I'm missing the most is a

step by step guide ( for the not so fluent user ) to install this little bugger. Jason's instructions finish off with the remark "and you are good to go"

where to go? and how ?.

Here again goes the Hardware: 1.) Vodafone Giga TV 4k Box.>>>HDMI1>>>>Samsung TV UE40NU7199

                                                        2.) Samsung TV >>> HDMI ARC 3>>>>. Deneon AV Receiver X1500.

Cmon guys gimme a break and volunteer some help.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever since upgrading an old (previously working) gen1 FLIRC to the latest firmware, I’ve not been able to record any key presses (for shield tv). Purchased a brand new gen2 and I’m strangely getting the same. Absolutely nothing is getting recorded despite the remote clearly working. Is this an issue with the latest release?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not trying to hijack this thread, but trying to upgrade my Gen1 firmware (windows 10) still stuck on 3.11. Every time I restart, unplug, replug, it says the device has v3.11. It goes through the firmware upgrade process and says update to 3.12 was a success, but it doesn't stick. I tried manually upgrading to 3.12 using the file on page 1 of this thread, but no success. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by ldeveraux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also having the same problems with with Gen1 firmware upgrade and with trying to get my FLIRC to work right. Would it be better to find a computer and put linux on it to program the FLIRC. It sounds like Windows is a disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...