Flirc Forums

Flirc not working after upgrade to 3.25

Adri

1 minute ago, Chizad said:

After multiple rounds of unplugging and replugging in FLIRC, and closing out and reopening the software, it looks like the automatic firmware update worked. The FLIRC commands, still do not.

Eh...disregard this. I tried to manually upgrade, still got the same error. Closed out and back in the FLIRC software and still getting automatic upgrade attempts that fail. Will update the .ini now.

It won't let me copy or save the log to a file. All those options are grayed out.

But it doesn't say much. Just that it's GUI version 3.25.0, Windows OS, ***Device Disconnected***

***Device Connected***

Firmware Version:4.9.0

SKU: Flirc 2.0 [dori]

Git Hash 0x5bc57f10

ERROR. Firmware upgrade required. (fw >=4.1.0)
***Device Disconnected***

4 minutes ago, jason said:

Did your remote work with the previous firmware?

Yes before today i was using Firmware 4.4.2 with my Harmony Hub.
And I have also 2 other Flirc v2 with the same config still on 4.4.2 and both are still functional.
I wanted to try a new config for Shield TV and for that i had to install a new config, during this i also updated the firmware to 4.9.0 and since then nothing goes

Edited by AcIvI
added the quote

5 minutes ago, AcIvI said:

Yes before today i was using Firmware 4.4.2 with my Harmony Hub.
And I have also 2 other Flirc v2 with the same config still on 4.4.2 and both are still functional.
I wanted to try a new config for Shield TV and for that i had to install a new config, during this i also updated the firmware to 4.9.0 and since then nothing goes

did you re-learn your keys?

7 minutes ago, AcIvI said:

The Original remote is BT, but the device works with a IR Dongle, that's the reason why i'm using Flirc.

I used this thread for instructions:

You can't just re-load the configuration file. Re-learning the keys is necessary because I'm using new USB codes. I've edited your config file. Load this up and try that.

Sunrise_Flirc.fcfg

1 hour ago, jason said:

You can't just re-load the configuration file. Re-learning the keys is necessary because I'm using new USB codes. I've edited your config file. Load this up and try that.

Sunrise_Flirc.fcfg 348 B · 0 downloads

Thank you. Did not know this detail.
Unfortunally it still does not work.
Is there a way to downgrade back to 4.42, just to be sure that the Flirc still works?

Also if i clear the configuration, do i need a configuration for a shield tv 2017? That would be also a way to test if it still works. Because that is that what i wanted to test before buying another flirc for the shield.

2 hours ago, AcIvI said:

Thank you. Did not know this detail.
Unfortunally it still does not work.
Is there a way to downgrade back to 4.42, just to be sure that the Flirc still works?

Also if i clear the configuration, do i need a configuration for a shield tv 2017? That would be also a way to test if it still works. Because that is that what i wanted to test before buying another flirc for the shield.

Oh I'm so sorry, I modified the content and forgot to update the CRC. Try the attached.

Sunrise_Flirc_updated.fcfg

12 minutes ago, jason said:

Yeah. Have you tried restarting or using a different USB port? We can do a team viewer session

Sorry, I somehow missed your request for a team viewer session, but after seeing your last message, I did reboot and was able to install the new firmware successfully, and I'm good to go!

Thanks so much for your help and quick responses!

Hi Jason,

I did the software update, and the firmware upgrade. After that, I cleared the configuration of my flirc device and re-programmed some keys. However, the flirc still does not accept any of the commands from my Harmony remote.

So, it seems for me the issue is not solved yet. Do you have any ideas left?
I suppose a downgrade to the last version before 3.25 would do the job.