Flirc Forums

DirecTV RC65 - No Long Press Works

amarkin2015

Hi amarkin2015,

The remote needs to keep emitting signals when the button is held down, some remotes don't do this (e.g. virgin media remotes). When you were using direct TV and you held the remote button down did it continue to exhibit a response(such as scrolling)?

Another solution is to have a button that skips large parts of the list. E.g. in XBMC map a remote button to 'page up' or 'page down'. That could help for the moment.

Pleasant regards

When you hold down a button when you (used to) hold down a remote button for use with your 'DirecTV' did it continue to scroll or did you have to repeatedly press the arrow keys?

(sorry if i'm asking pretty much the same question as before, but I wanted to make sure as the response was a little fractured - i'm guessing english isn't your first language - which is fine, just wanted to check the question)

• 2 weeks later...

Flirc doesn't do press and hold (yet) with any remote, to my knowledge... am I wrong about this, Chris? I gave my father-in-law a direcTV remote and a flirc and it works great, but I don't remember being able to hold to continue scrolling, nor can I using any device profile on my URC RF-20. Using pageup/pagedown and home/end has been the best way I know to get through long lists. I seem to remember Jason saying he was working on this but the nature of IR signals makes it a little tough. If I'm wrong and someone has this working, I'd love to know how!

Flirc doesn't do press and hold (yet) with any remote, to my knowledge... am I wrong about this, Chris?

Some do. The remote has to keep emitting ir signals when held down, a surprising amount of remotes don't do this.

The problem is that the different remotes that do keep emitting signals have different gaps between signals, flirc currently implements a "best fit" so sometimes the scrolling seems to go on or not far enough.