Flirc Forums

Feature Request - Support Long Press on FireTV Harmony

JTX

It's in the title - either I am missing something or long presses are not supported in the current FireTV built in profile with a Logitech remote.  Since this is already supported for the Nvidia Shield, I don't see why it would be difficult to support this for the FireTV.  I only have the new 4K FireTV, so not sure if other FireTV remotes support long pressing but the one that came with the FireTV 4K definitely does.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone care to comment about this?  I bought a Logitech Harmony Hub + Companion remote which works fine with the Amazon FireTV 4K, but it would really be great to get the Flirc to be able to support long pressing so I can use a backlit, Harmony 665 remote with a user programmable backlit screen.  Logitech really needs to make a lower priced remote like the 665 and add bluetooth/wifi support.  The elite is too expensive and has a bad button layout.  So the current, best option, imho, would be to get the Flirc + FireTV 4K working better.