Flirc Forums

Not a Bug (or maybe it is)

Kevig

Hello,

I have read a lot of posting on this forum on mapping keys issues wich might be explaind by "false light"

when in the learning mode, FLIRC reacts on all light sources containing infrared light in the right frequency including light from the sun, ledlights, monitor, photoframes, lightbulbs, reflections, TV, etc.

(mine does/did anyway!)

my easy sollution:

I put the FLIRC in a small closed box with only a small opening for the remote transmitter.

press the key to record, keep the remote before the small opening, press the remote button.

as a result a had the remote operating whitin 5 minutes, no strange scrolling, no strange key repeating, no phantom movements, no strange "already used", no forgetting keys etc

(All of that happend before!)

If this is a bug, then its something like seeing all (infrared) light-flicering as a code.

I think that programing the FLIRC so it can distinquis a real code and a random flicering will be a real challenge!

(perhaps sending the FLIRC in a small box with the small opening as packing is easyer :) )

Henk