Flirc Forums

New Flirc Customer - Ready To Test: Philips SRU5108/27

jper

• 6 months later...

Hi Jmhthefirst,

I like to believe the reason most people don't follow some of the threads up is because flirc is working fine with there remote. That said let's try some stuff to see if we can't get flirc and philips remote working for you.

1) Clear the configuration (in the flirc gui: file ---> clear configuration)

2) try programming the arrow keys on your remote to direction up, down, left and right.

3) Open a file browser (e.g. finder on mac, windows explorer on windows... etc), try using the direction arrows.

Any luck?

Happy to report that after disabling Remote Buddy, the Philips buttons are responding!  I will gladly dig through the guides and forum to fine tune it's usage.  Thank you for your help.  Any idea how to make the arrow buttons send multiple keypresses so that I can scroll menus instead of navigating one press at a time?  My keyboard functions this way innately. 

Any idea how to make the arrow buttons send multiple keypresses so that I can scroll menus instead of navigating one press at a time?  My keyboard functions this way innately. 

Glad it's working.

It's likely due to the profile (device) you have your remote set to. We recommend TV profiles as they tend to repeat the signal they send when they are held down. Try a TV manufacturer that isn't the same as the TV you use (e.g. If you have a Sony TV, use a Samsung profile)

• 9 months later...

Reviving the thread in case anyone else is interested in this family of remotes.

I just got my Flirc and had a Philips SRU5106/27 - essentially the same remote but only 6 functions.

http://www.urc.philips.com/ is useful for finding codes, and here are a few I tried:

Mediacenter PC > MCE/Microsoft/Vista all use code 1611. All of the buttons appear to work, however, there seems to be a bit of delay between commands being recognized.

TiVo codes don't seem to enable the 4 color buttons.

The generic DVD Playes > Blu-Ray code 1742 has a number of duplicates, but 1941 seems to work perfectly - all buttons are recognized properly, can repeat, and respond quickly.  I've set that up under as the DVR device and don't see any obvious issues.

Anyway, loving it so far!  Exactly the solution I've been looking for!!!

• 7 months later...