Flirc Forums

Shiny remote control works sometimes...

MontyMoose

Found this lovely shiny remote control in a drawer.

After much Googlerising I discover it's a Schneider Electric GU6000RC1R. Anyway... it works in the sense Flirc sees the remote control messages. But although the log is updated each time button A is pressed, Flirc only triggers it's recorded key now and again. It's as if the remote is sending different messages even though you're pressing the same button... does that make sense? Would really like to get this remote to work as I need a three button remote for my project and this is perfect.

It for some reason it won't work with Flirc. Can someone point me in the direction of a simply three button IR controller that does work?

Attached is my log... and also a pic of the remote to show you how shiny it is... brushed aluminium too - oooooh

Moose.

my_flirc_log2.txt

Remote.jpg

This seems to be a remote for remote controlled light dimmers. I don't recognise this protocol. It seems to be really simple, as it looks that it only sends 6-bit message on repeat. I see two issues:
- The signal doesn't seem to be robust - it could be triggered from other remotes by accident.
- The delay between repeats is really small, only 8 ms - Flirc won't recognise this as a repeated signal. I think this is the main issue: Flirc thinks that the signal is different depending on how long you hold the button on the remote.

8 ms gap between repeats (frames) is too small. Flirc needs at least about 13 ms gap to recognise this a multiple signals sent when the button is being held down. There are some overrides for different protocols, for example for Sony where the gap can go down to 9 ms. It's done by trying to detect a protocol. If Sony protocol is detected then different settings are applied. The problem is that this protocol is too simple and the signals are too short to write a proper protocol detector for it. As the signal is not robust, other remotes/protocols could be affected by that change too, breaking compatibility with them.

TL;DR. I'm sorry to say but I don't think it's possible to support this remote.