Flirc Forums

New Flirc SE always turning off

NathanBar

I have a new Flirc SE that I installed in a streacom case, but when I hook it up to the motherboard, it won't let the computer turn on. Here's the background. This is so new, I haven't even closed the case let alone installed the configuration software. When I connect my power button directly to the motherboard, the signal looks fine and I can turn the computer on and off. When I go through the Flirc SE, it only works if I play with the power cable. If I disconnect the cable from the PWR2 connection on the Flirc SE, then reconnect it, it will turn the computer on. If I keep it connected, it will turn off quickly and no amount of pressing the power button will change that. The only way to turn it on is to connect and then quickly disconnect the cable. It's as if the Flirc SE is constantly sending a button press signal whether or not I'm pressing the power button. Completing the circuit quickly looks like a short button press, but keeping it connected looks like a long button press. And this only happens when the Flirc SE is connected, it does not happen when I connect the power button directly to the motherboard.

So, am I doing something wrong, or is it a hardware issue only resolvable by getting a new Flirc SE?