Flirc Forums

Windows: can only program two keys

Joachim

Hi,

Under WIndows (XP), I can only program two keys in the gui using the XBMC controller mode. If I start with the number keys and I erase everything beforhand (eitehr key by key or using the all clear function), I can only program keys one and two. With any key after that the GUI tells me that it is already set.

Joachim

Hi Joachim, welcome to the forums,

Sorry your flirc experience hasn't been as smooth as it could be, what remote are you trying to program flirc with and which buttons?

Also, have you tried another remote (to see if the same thing happens)?

Pleasant regards,

Chris!

Hi Chris,

I was trying to program a XBOX 360 Media Remote (RC6). Before I was trying to use a Harmony 300 with a Panasonic TV profile but had dozens or hundreds of repeat key events.

With the XBOX remote, using the basic GUI, I have no problem programming Up, Down, Left, Right, Enter and Back Buttons, but if I switch to the XBMC Controller view and start programming the number keys, the above happens. I can only program two key, even if I erease everything beforehand.

Thanks.

Joachim

That's very strange (regarding the harmony 300), I have exactly the same set up and it seems to work. Though I programmed flirc using the full keyboard and the XBMC list of keyboard shortcuts (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keyboard).

Flirc should be seeing the different presses from the harmony remote. Perhaps we should start from the start.

@Jason: is there any way to set a flirc back to factory settings? (Reinstall the firmware?)

Don't worry Joachim we'll get you up and running and probably learn better how to improve a users experience :)

Chris!

@Jason: is there any way to set a flirc back to factory settings? (Reinstall the firmware?)

Formatting the unit and then reinstalling fw 1.0 should get it pretty much back to the way it's supposed to ship I think. At least I'm pretty sure it's as much as can be done with the tools so far available.

As far as the question, I am wondering if there's a change ambient light is playing a factor? If not, I'd try Chris' suggestion of using the full keyboard layout instead of the XBMC layout. Not only do you get a coule keys that aren't in the XBMC template built into the flirc software, but you can also be sure buttons are doing what you think they should. Sometimes I wan't sure what I was mapping when I used the XBMC template.