Flirc Forums

Send keyboard long press / not remote long press

adahmen

Hi,

is it possible to send a long press keyboard signal (like long press F1 or long press ESC) to the attached device with a Flirc V1?

To be clear ... I don't want to use log key press on a remote button ... the Flirc device should simulate a long key press on the virtual keyboard.

Best regards,

Albert

• 2 months later...
On 2/19/2018 at 11:19 AM, adahmen said:

Hi,

is it possible to send a long press keyboard signal (like long press F1 or long press ESC) to the attached device with a Flirc V1?

To be clear ... I don't want to use log key press on a remote button ... the Flirc device should simulate a long key press on the virtual keyboard.

Best regards,

Albert

The sending of a long press is the remote sending not the software.  I tested a Rosewill RC-126 and sending long keyboard presses are possible on both v1 and v2 of the flirc.  However, harmony 600/650/700 remotes only can send a long press via the power Buttons using duration.   

To assign a Long Press to the Harmony's you add an extra device any name like "Long Press"  - Harmony with ask you to press keys on the "original" remote Can be any old Infra-red Remote.  Tell harmony the device stays on - uses same button - then customize button Duration to 1.5 sec and make sure t=you add the extra device to your firetv activity and program guide or menu to the long press - powertoggle.

Also, programming an long press within the flirc software breaks ok using a harmony remote.

Edited by tinafici