Flirc Forums

LG smart remote programming issues

convex

Hi, I'm trying to set up flirc that I just bought with my LG smart remote to be able to control kodi on an android box. I keep getting button already exists, and I did the following to trouble shoot, but none helped:

1. Avoided interference, all electronics and lights were off except for a laptop with windows 10 that I was using to install flirc

2. Reinstalled app

3. tried to minimalist and Kodi remotes, none of them worked

4. Disabled reconfigured profiles in the advanced setting as one suggested

so far none worked. Any suggestions?

Do you have Flirc v2? The metal one? If yes, please go to File -> Device log and enable IR debug. Then press some keys on the remote and save resulting output to file. Please post that file here. This will help Flirc support more protocols. Please do this before the next step.

IR signals sent by LG smart remote depends on the equipment make and model configured in the TV for the selected input source. Please try changing the configuration to use different model or even maker. The one you're using right now is probably not yet compatible with Flirc.

To be clear, the controller you choose in the GUI doesn't have anything to do with the remote itself. So it doesn't matter which controller you're using in this case.

Regarding your log file. That's a NEC protocol. It should work with Flirc without any issues. Can you do the same again but this time clear the Flirc configuration before starting? Then try recording your keys while the IR debug is enabled.

Also hold the remote button longer when you record (about 1 second should be enough).

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see any issues with your config file. Have you checked your ADB setting on your Android box? It should be disabled.

Can you connect an USB keyboard to your Android box? Does it work?

When Flirc is connected to the PC, open any text editor (it must be in focus) and then press the buttons on your remote. Does it work?

2 hours ago, yawor said:

I don't see any issues with your config file. Have you checked your ADB setting on your Android box? It should be disabled.

Can you connect an USB keyboard to your Android box? Does it work?

When Flirc is connected to the PC, open any text editor (it must be in focus) and then press the buttons on your remote. Does it work?

Hello

Adb is disabled on the Android box

I can connect us keyboard and mouse without any issues

When flirc is connected to PC in text editor the buttons seem to work at least the numbers. While in the flirc app in log mode I see character for all clicks even the directional buttons. 

That being said for some reason when flirc is connected to the Android box the LG remote only works on the tv and does not affect the box. The signals are not going through to the box. I programmed another remote I have with flirc and tested it. It seems to work with the box though. Only the LG remote doesn't affect the box 

• 1 month later...

thanks alot for all the answers as i am having the exact same issue right now. been searching for answers and these are the closest to my problem. OP, do you have some updates for https://neotires.com/bridgestone-tires? anyway, i will try to fix it but can i ask questions in case i would have some? thanks!

Edited by Squalf

6 minutes ago, Squalf said:

thanks alot for all the answers as i am having the exact same issue right now. been searching for answers and these are the closest to my problem. OP, do you have some updates for us? anyway, i will try to fix it but can i ask questions in case i would have some? thanks!

Feel free to ask and I'll try to help if I can. Maybe we can figure it out together but for the time being as my last post stated I'm still unable to use it with my LG smart TV magic remote and Android properly.