Flirc Forums

Flirc SE + Harmony Remote, all Activities start HTPC

MelbWestMan

I have just replaced my Flirc with the Flirc SE for the additional power related functions with my HTPC case.

I setup the Harmony power button with the Flirc v3.5.2 software as follows:-

Controllers > Flirc Streacom Edition > Click Key to Start Recording > Selected Power Button (Only option)

I then pressed the Power button on the Harmony Remote, the button is registered and HTPC is shut down.

The HTPC Activity correctly turns on/off the PC as required along with other equipment, but unfortunately all other Activity's also turn on the HTPC regardless if it's required or not within the selected Activity.

e.g. Watch TV Activity also  turns on the HTPC (but it's not required)

I have browsed the net and the Flirc forums and unable to find a solution.

Thanks in Advance

• 2 months later...

Not sure if you figured this out but I came across this post while having the same problem, and found a solution I wanted to share. 

1. Add Flirc to your Harmony remote through the MyHarmony desktop software. Enter "Flirc" for the device manufacturer and "XBMC" for the model number. This will import a preset configuration of Flirc controls. 

2. Rename the "Power Off" control on the Harmony to "Power Toggle" (this will make sense in a minute). 

3. Install the Flirc software on your HTPC. Make sure you select the Streacom/SE edition where you can map the power button. 

4. Click the power button on the Flirc software, and hit the Power Toggle button on the Harmony remote to record the command. FYI this will shut down your computer after doing it but Flirc will have learned the command before shutdown. 

Now the Power Toggle button can be used to both turn on and shut down your machine, and it won't have any crossover with other Activity buttons!

Edited by memeteam

Many thanks for your suggestion, obviously your solution relies in renaming "Power Off" to "Power Toggle" something I never considered.

I had tried a few things but in the end my workaround was to create my own Device and train all the harmony buttons based on old remote I had, the solution works but notice it's a bit sluggish at times, this was the only way I could program my Harmony Activities to turn on/off devices independently.

I'm looking forward to going back to the preconfigured Flirc configuration you have suggested, I will post back after testing your solution, but it looks logical.

Thanks for taking the time and effort in posting your solution.

Hi memeteam

How did you rename the "Power Off" control on the Harmony to "Power Toggle" ?

I do not see an option to do this within the Harmony software.

Under “buttons” options I can select “PowerOff” to fix a command but nothing to rename as you suggested.

I’m aware you can add the “PowerToggle” command and train it, but even then I don’t see an option to delete the preconfigured flirc “PowerOff” command from the list, this is pretty much the issue I had when I was initially setting up the software.

Am I missing something?

(For reference i'm using a Harmony Remote One+ remote)