Flirc Forums

Long Key Presses

AndersFisker

• 3 weeks later...

Feature has been published: http://blog.flirc.tv/index.php/2017/12/25/flirc-just-got-a-shit-load-cooler/

No gui support, it's in the commandline app: https://flirc.gitbooks.io/flirc-instructions/content/command-line-interface-guide/macros.html

I think I might be able to whip up some GUI support, it'll be crude, but should do the trick.

Happy Holidays.

• 1 month later...
On 26.12.2017 at 2:40 AM, jason said:

I have an issue with Kodi - if there is a fast sequence of press/release actions for a  button, Kodi sometimes treats it as a long-press action and does something that I don't need.
Can it be a consequence of that new feature?

On 2/3/2018 at 4:21 PM, arabesc said:

I have an issue with Kodi - if there is a fast sequence of press/release actions for a  button, Kodi sometimes treats it as a long-press action and does something that I don't need.
Can it be a consequence of that new feature?

Only if the button you are using is recorded as a long press. Otherwise, because Kodi also supports long press, you can try increasing their long press hold time requirement.

2 hours ago, jason said:

Only if the button you are using is recorded as a long press. Otherwise, because Kodi also supports long press, you can try increasing their long press hold time requirement.

Do you mean that Kodi interprets fast successive key-presses as a long-press action? I don't understand where that long-press action comes from.

@arabesc I have few questions regarding your setup:

1. Which Flirc model do you have?
2. What remote are you using? Is it an universal remote? If yes, what profile have you selected?
3. If you have new Flirc model (the metal one), please open Flirc GUI and open Device Log in File menu. Then select enable IR debugging and press few buttons on your remote which you're using with Flirc. Please save it to a file and attach it here.
4. Save your configuration and attach it here.

If it's Flirc-SE then it's a 1st gen model. You can try changing the interkey delay value in advanced settings. Try decreasing it by 1 and do some tests. If not enough, then lower it again. This controls the time window within which the next received signal is treated as a repeat signal instead of releasing and pressing again. This value will also affect the ability to detect actual signal repeats.

The new, 2nd gen model doesn't have that setting anymore as it records the actual signal delay value for each recorded button.