Flirc Forums

Flirc not working with Raspi when LAN is connected

Glowazowski

Title says it all: My Flirc is not working, when the network cable is attached to my Raspberry Pi 3. Disconnect the cable and everything works fine.

So far I tryed:

- using a differnt Flirc dongle

- using a different Raspberry Pi 3

- using a different USB cable

- using a different remote control

OS on my Raspberry is the latest version of LibreELEC

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

46 minutes ago, Glowazowski said:

Title says it all: My Flirc is not working, when the network cable is attached to my Raspberry Pi 3. Disconnect the cable and everything works fine.

So far I tryed:

- using a differnt Flirc dongle

- using a different Raspberry Pi 3

- using a different USB cable

- using a different remote control

OS on my Raspberry is the latest version of LibreELEC

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Try a different power supply. 

I have Ethernet connected RPi3 with Flirc gen2 (previously also gen1) running without any issues.

What power supplies have you tried? Be advised that phone chargers may not be a good PSU for RPi even if the charger's max current is theoretically enough. Some chargers won't work properly without a proper charging circuit on the other end and RPi doesn't have one. I've seen many issues when running on different phone chargers (but never had the same issue as yours). Since I've switched to a proper PSU (in this case an original RPi3 PSU) everything is running smoothly.

OK, I solved the problem - it was neither a wrong power supply nor the extension cable.

Problem was that my router (or switch, don't know) didn't realise that the Raspi only supports 100Mbit/s LAN. It was set to 1 Gbit/s. Manually setting the LAN port on the router to 100Mbit/s did the trick, everything works as desired,