Flirc Forums

Having a couple of problems recently, long time user

kylepsp

Hi, I've had my flirc for a while, but I've started to use it again and getting some problems

First, is that any key flirc recognises from my Sony TV remote, wakes my PC if it's asleep. This never used to happen. For example I have the pause button linked as pause, if I'm watching netflix on the tv and press pause, it will turn my PC on? This goes for any key, so makes either flirc or my remote unusable  if my PC is asleep, so to avoid it being woken all the time I'm having to unplug my flirc

Another problem I've had since I got the flirc, is that when trying to pause or resume something, it will press it twice a lot of the time. I.e. resume and then pause immediately and vice versa. I've put the inter-key delay to 7 but it hasn't fixed anything.

I'm running 2.5.7 on the latest fw (that I was offered), windows 10, remote is a sony bravia xd8005 remote. Attached is my config

Thanks in advance!

my_flirc_config.fcfg

looks like you have an original flirc. Is that right? With this version, any key that has previously been recorded, will wake your machine up. Unless you record a 'wake' key which can be found in the GUI on the keyboard controller.

If you don't want to wake the computer up at all, you can disable this in the advanced settings.

9 minutes ago, jason said:

looks like you have an original flirc. Is that right? With this version, any key that has previously been recorded, will wake your machine up. Unless you record a 'wake' key which can be found in the GUI on the keyboard controller.

If you don't want to wake the computer up at all, you can disable this in the advanced settings.

Sorry to spam. but the double issue only seems to affect when the keys are assinged to pause or resume. If I set my rmeote keys to the space bar, it works properly

9 minutes ago, jason said:

You have two keys assigned to pause: http://cl.flirc.io/m3tx

Not sure why, you want me to delete those so you can re-record them?

There is another button you could use which is the following: http://cl.flirc.io/m3mD

But uses a second button. Would need a firmware update to solve that. 

Hmm unsure how that happened. Yea sure thanks!

I was using that wake suspend button, but was having the issues with any key waking it with that