Flirc Forums

Using Mouse Toggle on Fire TV with Harmony One

TomP

Harmony One is working well with Flirc and Amazon Fire TV EXCEPT that I cannot get the Fire TV  "Mouse Toggle" app to work. I have tried numerous methods including creating and using a "Sequence"  on the Harmony to double click the Play/Pause button.

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Thanks much!

From what I understand, that app uses ADB to emulate a mouse input, so ADB needs to be enabled for it to work.

On the other hand, for Flirc to work you need USB Host (or OTG) to be active. When ADB is turned on, the USB Host is deactivated. So for Flirc to work you need to have the ADB turned off. So it seems you can't use both Flirc and mouse toggle at the same time.

Yawor,

Thanks for your response. I am not techie enough to really understand what you just wrote, but I was afraid I would be told something like this. So instead of using my Harmony One only, I have to use it, the Fire TV remote (only if I want to talk to the Fire), and my USB mouse for apps that require a mouse. Doggone it!

• 2 years later...