Flirc Forums

Flirc + Shield TV 2017 + Harmony 600/700

crackthewhip

After much research on Harmony, Flirc, and Shield forums, I finally have a setup for my Harmony remote that records all Shield functions correctly to the Flirc. My biggest issue was trying to find a workaround so I didn't have to use CEC with the Shield. My setup includes a Harmony activity for the Shield and all the Harmony button mapping. It also includes a feature to wake up the Shield and power off the Shield when switching activities or powering off all devices. My setup works for the Harmony 600 and 700 series remotes, so some modifications my be necessary for other Harmony remotes. See the attachment for details. Make sure to read through the entire document before starting your programming and it will make more sense to you. It looks somewhat daunting, but if you are already familiar with programming a Flirc device and Harmony remote, it's only about 30 minutes of programming time. 

Harmony, Shield, & FLIRC Programming.pdf

Edit: Added the FLIRC config file

FLIRC-Shield-Harmony Config.fcfg

Edited by crackthewhip
added config file

• 1 year later...

Thank you, with the help of your document and some personal modifications, I was able to configure the Flirc with my old Harmony One+ and I got every function working, including media keys and sleep off / on. 

Finally I'm able to control everything without CEC :-) 

Perfect, thanks again! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is great. Thank you so much Crack for the research and documentation. I've got it up and running, now tweaking and this saved me a ton of time.

One small possible correction. In your PDF under the final section, step 6 says "In the FLIRC software, select Controllers, select Fire TV..." I presume you meant "Select Shield TV." Just checking in case there was really some command we are getting from the Fire.

• 1 year later...