Flirc Forums

Sunrise TV Box UHD + Logitech Harmony or any universal remote

a.l3881

Hello all

so i have tried flashing this file but no luck.

i don't understand what i'm doing wrong :( 

what device should i choose when flashing the configuration

my infrared hub is next to the tv box but i get no response.

i have another question.

the new remote has a netflix button. how can we get the codes of the new buttons to make it functional too?

thank you very much for your help.

thank you again for any advice

S

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2020 at 9:08 PM, Raphi said:

Hi

I had the same issue today...

I formatted the Flirc and program it by myself with de commands from the original post and this worked. I don't now if there is something wrong with the config file or maybe there's a new Software for the Flirc since than and the File doesn't work anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it's still a problem i can give you my config-file if you want.

best regards
Raphael

Hello Raphi,

I'm wondering how you did program it yourself.
I would be glad if you can describe more in details how you did it?

I have a flirc v2, an Harmony hub and and Windows PC.

Thanks in advance!

edit:
Just figured out there's a flirc_util.exe file here "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flirc".
This is how you launch and test commands for your special key like "recordings, etc".
A description can be found here.

edit2:
I figured out most of my issues, now. Just got an annoying repetition of some keys, but it's acceptable.
On Harmony app: I added the Sunrise box:

• Manufacturer: Sunrise
  • Model: type here what you want

When my Harmony was configured, I took my hub to my PC to have it in front of my Flirc USB.
Then, I manually configured each keys by launching the flirc_util record_api commands of the 1st post of this thread, and pressing the button on the remote to record them.
For the number, I used the "Full Keyboard" profil on the Flirc GUI to record them.

My configuration would miss the "netflix" button. I don't know how to find the right key ID to record it. Probably a Linux machine with logging enabled to find what code is generated by the original Bluetooth remote.

Flirc - Config 2020-11-14-06.fcfg

Edited by Tim Mayle
Added information to help and others

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for the help. However I am still having a couple of problems.

I have a variant of the same Sagem DIW box which has a Bluetooth remote and I am using a Harmony Elite and hub for my remote.

I have used the CFG files from this post and the Flirc Kodi profile on the Harmony. In general this is a big step forward but it does allow me to use the apps etc on the TV box and record. I have tried most of the buttons available on the standard harmony profile.

I think what I need to do next is add some buttons to the harmony profile and then get the Flirc to recognise these commands.

This is where I am becoming a bit lost when it comes to the command line stuff. I have so far found the utility and can get it to run some examples.

A)         So can I get the FLIRC using a command line to beam something at the harmony, if so how would that relate to the numbers below.

Recordings flirc_util record_api 153 102

B)          Do I use the record portion below with any old remote record it on the Flicr using the command below and then record the same key to the harmony.

I am using a Mac loaded with Big Sur and run Parallels to run the Logitech Desktop software

Many Thanks In Advance

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2020 at 3:31 PM, SEP297 said:

Thanks all for the help. However I am still having a couple of problems.

I have a variant of the same Sagem DIW box which has a Bluetooth remote and I am using a Harmony Elite and hub for my remote.

I have used the CFG files from this post and the Flirc Kodi profile on the Harmony. In general this is a big step forward but it does allow me to use the apps etc on the TV box and record. I have tried most of the buttons available on the standard harmony profile.

I think what I need to do next is add some buttons to the harmony profile and then get the Flirc to recognise these commands.

This is where I am becoming a bit lost when it comes to the command line stuff. I have so far found the utility and can get it to run some examples.

A)         So can I get the FLIRC using a command line to beam something at the harmony, if so how would that relate to the numbers below.

B)          Do I use the record portion below with any old remote record it on the Flicr using the command below and then record the same key to the harmony.

I am using a Mac loaded with Big Sur and run Parallels to run the Logitech Desktop software

Many Thanks In Advance

Stuart

Hello Stuart,
I'm no expert on this one, but in my understanding:

Basically, you will use the FLIC to translate the codes sent by the Harmony into codes the Sunrise Box understands. To achieve this, you could use any profile from the harmony and still make it work. That is why we see multiple config files (multiple starting profile, different Harmony remotes).

I suggest you:

1. Choose an Harmony profile. Sagem or Sunrise. I let you chose.
  2. Have your Harmony remote ready and loaded with the profile + your Flirc ready on your Mac
  3. Send the "flirc_util record_api" commands one by one and for each, press the appropriate button on your remote.

When finished, you should get your flirc receiver ready.

As said by a few of us, some buttons like Netflix, or else are missing.

I personally suffer from double pushed buttons, but it seems better when my receiver is a bit hidden.

Hope this helps you.

Edited by Tim Mayle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Jürgen said:

Hi guys,
with interest I read this thread. It seems to work for some. For others not.
Can someone please tell me the current status before I buy the Flirc USB (v2).
Does it work with current Sunrise UHD box, Flirc USB (v2) and Logitech Harmony One?

BR Jürgen

Hello Jürgen,

The results members on this forum are not the same as we don't all have the same Harmony remote. For instance, I also have a Sunrise UHD box, flirc v2, but a harmony hub.

You can't just pick one config file recorded for a Harmony hub, flash it and expect it works for your Hamony one. if you follow my recommendation on my previous post, you should be able to configure almost all your buttons. It's not perfect. You'll miss buttons like "Netflix". But it will work for normal TV.

A the end, it's your call to define how strongly you need to use only one remote.

Tim

Edited by Tim Mayle