Flirc Forums

Sunrise TV Box UHD + Logitech Harmony or any universal remote

a.l3881

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/10/2018 at 5:07 PM, Pether said:

Hi,

this all works very well except for the "Netflix" button that is on the latest Sunrise box remote

I can get to netflix using the "menu" button , but once in netflix the "ok" button doesnt seem to work so I cant select a profile.

Has anyone figured this out?

On 2/10/2018 at 11:27 PM, a.l3881 said:

Hello maisen20 and Pether,

I found these code by pairing the Flirc with an old remote control, and tested all the possible number for the command record_api xxx 120 (from 0 to 255).

For the Back/Exit command, I found just one command number (flirc_util record_api 70 102). Sorry maisen20, I did't found the back specific number.

For the OK command, I found two command number (flirc_util record_api 65 102 and flirc_util record_api 132 102)

I don't use Netflix, so I cannot confirm if it works, but you can try the second command for "OK"  flirc_util record_api 132 102

Hi there

lucky me I found this topic! Thank you all for contributing to this.

Since I have bought a really old FLIRC my firmware is to old to use your config files. I managed to config the flirc myself using your extensive list of commands.

However as Pether mentioned, I neither could Netflix get working. Anybody already figured out a way to do this? Would greatly appreciate your help.

Other question: How do you find out these API-Commands? Plug a Keyboard directly into the Sunrise UHD? Or just Trial / Error?

Looking forward to your replies

Paesc

• 3 weeks later...

Good day together

I use the Sunrise TV BOX with the Harmony Ultimate for 4 days.
The functions with the latest Flirc and the neustren firmware, work flawlessly.
The only problem where I have is that the Sunrise TV BOX only starts when I hold the Harmony Ultimate directly on the box, the same problem when quitting.
Do you have this phenomenon too, or do I have to change something?
I have already placed the Flirc with a USB extension cable, unsuccessful.

Is this on the HUB or the Flirc?
Thanks for your answers.

• 2 months later...

hi guys! thanks god a forum like this exist. i bought the harmony elite and noticed that it absolutely doesnt work with the sunrise tv box. i then ordered the flirc and it should arrive the next few days. but i already got one question: is it possible to just start the radio and the receiver (without the TV screen) with the flirc? the problem is that i must choose the radio in the sunrise menu, but therefore i need to turn on the tv also to navigate in the sunrise menu... 

a solutionj would be very welcome! thanks in advance and have a good day guys. hope that logitech gonna fix that soon anyway!!

1 hour ago, awesome said:

Awesome! Thank you so much a.I3881 for your instructions and config file! It took me less than 5min to set up, and everything works perfectly, I'm super happy!!!

i really dont get how it works for all of you?! i tried it yesterday. the only thing that works with the adapter is that i now can turn on the sunrise box. every other button on the harmony elite doesnt work or is controlling my tv instead of the box!? what did i do wrong? i started the flirc software, loaded the file from the forum and connected the adapter to the box. do i have to specify which hardware id like to control with the harmony elite before??

Edited by Tutti

On 9/25/2018 at 4:39 PM, Tutti said:

i really dont get how it works for all of you?! i tried it yesterday. the only thing that works with the adapter is that i now can turn on the sunrise box. every other button on the harmony elite doesnt work or is controlling my tv instead of the box!? what did i do wrong? i started the flirc software, loaded the file from the forum and connected the adapter to the box. do i have to specify which hardware id like to control with the harmony elite before??

When you set up your activity (i asume you call it "watch tv" or something like that) on your harmony elite, at some point it will ask you "With which device do you switch channels?". maybe you selected the tv instead of the tv box?
To test this, do this: Go to "devices" on your harmony elite (it's an on-screen button on the remote). There you can select the sunrise tv box. Once selected, the remote control is now focused on the tv box. Can you control the tv box now? if yes, delete and re-program your "watch tv"-activity. if not, than i would guess that something went wrong with the setup of the dongle, and i don't think i can help you there...

Also: make sure that there are no obstacles between your flirc dongle and your harmony hub, or harmony elite (if your not using a hub). Infrared does not penetrate physical obsticals very well :) in the end (if it works) you can buy a usb extension cable, so you can postion your flirc better.
if you are using the hub, know that it is the hub that communicates with your devices, not the remote directly. the remote sends the command via RF (radio waves) to the hub and the hub then uses infrared, bluetooth or wlan to control your devices.

Edited by awesome

On 9/21/2018 at 10:15 AM, Tutti said:

hi guys! thanks god a forum like this exist. i bought the harmony elite and noticed that it absolutely doesnt work with the sunrise tv box. i then ordered the flirc and it should arrive the next few days. but i already got one question: is it possible to just start the radio and the receiver (without the TV screen) with the flirc? the problem is that i must choose the radio in the sunrise menu, but therefore i need to turn on the tv also to navigate in the sunrise menu... 

a solutionj would be very welcome! thanks in advance and have a good day guys. hope that logitech gonna fix that soon anyway!!

to do that you can edit the start-sequence of your action "listen to radio". by adding steps, you can tell it to (for example) push the menu button, then push the down arrow button, the (again) push the down arrow button, then press the ok button. you will have to add delays inbetween (you have to experiment with that) probably something between 200-500ms between every command. otherwise the tv box is going to miss some of the commands, because it cannot react fast enough.

good luck :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 1:12 PM, ErzingerAG said:

The Back Command works as Exit.

If I press it, the whole menu closes.

I need the correct Back command to go one step back in the menu, not closing it.

Can anyone help?

Found a solution.

For anyone who is interested:

Use "Esc"-Button on full Keyboard für "Exit" and "Backspace" for "Back" (one step back in Menu).

But I have a new problem: how to bind "Teletext"?

Edited by ErzingerAG

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2019 at 9:34 AM, ErzingerAG said:

Found a solution.

For anyone who is interested:

Use "Esc"-Button on full Keyboard für "Exit" and "Backspace" for "Back" (one step back in Menu).

But I have a new problem: how to bind "Teletext"?

Hi. I'm a beginner and have no clue how I can add Back and Exit to my current config. I loaded "flirc_util loadconfig" to my flirc but how can I now add "Exit" and "Backspace" to this file? Or does anybody have a newer file that includes this two functions? Thx a lot!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dear all

I have the same wish to add Netflix and perhaps the propper back button on my harmony companion (with Hub).

But I have no clue how I can add, change or even touch the great config file that was posted here, many thnaks for that, much apprciated!!!

So I assume that you need some addtional app in order to touch and define your own command lines in the GUI right? I am not an IT person at all. Thats why I have these questions. I would like to learn if possible. Can someone guide me through here?

But I have a problem since a few days. The direction button sends a command twice. So it jumps two steps instead of one step. I have delete the config file a installed again. But nothing happend. Can someone imagine why this is the case. Same with up and down. Press once it jumps two steps.

I checked with other devices and everything works fine. Happens only in combination between Flirc and the Sunrise UHD Box.

Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with the above topics.

Nabil

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

Great topic and great news that it's possible to control the Sunrise UHD Box with Harmony.

I tried to load the provided config file on the flirc dongle and then plugged it into the Sunrise UHD Box but at the time the only commands working are the numbers 0-9. All other commands including power on/off, menu, chanel up/down are not working.

Could it be that the software and commands have changed on the Sunrise box ?

Any help or hint would be appreciated 

Gilles

Edited by gilles

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 9:16 PM, gilles said:

Hi there,

Great topic and great news that it's possible to control the Sunrise UHD Box with Harmony.

I tried to load the provided config file on the flirc dongle and then plugged it into the Sunrise UHD Box but at the time the only commands working are the numbers 0-9. All other commands including power on/off, menu, chanel up/down are not working.

Could it be that the software and commands have changed on the Sunrise box ?

Any help or hint would be appreciated 

Gilles

this happened to me too! i have been struggling since then! a month or two ago, everything was working fine.  this issue occurred for me only in December 2019 or so.

• 4 weeks later...

any ideas anyone? this used to work really well, and now i'm back to using the bloody sunrise bluetooth controller in addition to the harmony.  

for the record, the numbers 0 -9 work really fast.  so the timings on the controller are perfect.  but the other buttons are not registering at all! 

could anyone provide us with a full config file with ALL the working buttons? then we can stop moaning!   (for the record, the "0-9" button config i am referring to is this: 

link to post with Flirc_18.09.17.fcfg

• 1 month later...

Hi

I had the same issue today...

I formatted the Flirc and program it by myself with de commands from the original post and this worked. I don't now if there is something wrong with the config file or maybe there's a new Software for the Flirc since than and the File doesn't work anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it's still a problem i can give you my config-file if you want.

best regards
Raphael

On 4/14/2020 at 9:08 PM, Raphi said:

Hi

I had the same issue today...

I formatted the Flirc and program it by myself with de commands from the original post and this worked. I don't now if there is something wrong with the config file or maybe there's a new Software for the Flirc since than and the File doesn't work anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If it's still a problem i can give you my config-file if you want.

best regards
Raphael

Hi Raphael,

which firmware version do you use?
For me everything worked well until I upgraded FW to latest version, then the behaviour changed to the one Bill_Whammers stated.
Jason confirmed changes in other thread: 

If you could share your config-file, I would be grateful.

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2020 at 10:56 AM, dude said:

Hi Raphael,

which firmware version do you use?
For me everything worked well until I upgraded FW to latest version, then the behaviour changed to the one Bill_Whammers stated.
Jason confirmed changes in other thread: 

If you could share your config-file, I would be grateful.

Hi i'm using v3.25.3

Sunrise_final.fcfg

• Like 1