Flirc Forums

Pronto codes for the firmware/native/builtin maps?

jakegough

I'm trying to write a Control4 driver to work with FLIRC out of the box.  I understand there are codes baked into the firmware that tie to Harmony profiles, and I'd like to leverage that functionality on Control4 as well. Are the pronto/hex versions (or the Protocol/Device/Subdevice/Function values) available for reference?  I know I can load the Harmony profile on a Harmony remote, then walk through every key and learn that the codes in Control4... but I prefer to use the exact codes from source if they're available.

Thanks!

On 6/19/2017 at 1:56 PM, jakegough said:

I'm trying to write a Control4 driver to work with FLIRC out of the box.  I understand there are codes baked into the firmware that tie to Harmony profiles, and I'd like to leverage that functionality on Control4 as well. Are the pronto/hex versions (or the Protocol/Device/Subdevice/Function values) available for reference?  I know I can load the Harmony profile on a Harmony remote, then walk through every key and learn that the codes in Control4... but I prefer to use the exact codes from source if they're available.

Thanks!

I'm going to make this public soon.

Flirc IR Documentation.pdf

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

I just got a Flirc and also would like to know what are the default IR codes for the device. I have an programmable IR flasher and I'd like to enter the codes to control one of the built-in profiles rather than program every button manually.

Thanks for providing the IR documentation, but I am unclear how to translate that into IR codes I can program an IR flasher.

I don't support pronto codes. I support raw timings with Flirc.

You can convert these to raw timings, a comma delimited file that represent on and off times for the IR led. This is the best I have for now. I'm not going to be working on Flirc until our remote is released, which will benefit from a lot of the work I have done.

• 5 weeks later...

Here is the full listing of Pronto hex codes for Flirc. I used the specification provided by Jason to write an command line utility to generate Pronto hex codes. I've tested them on my Nvidia Shield and they seem to work fine. I was able to control the Shield by directly sending Flirc commands with my IP to IR flasher and not requiring any configuation of Flirc, it's just plug and play.  This should make things easier for those that have more sophisticated IR controllers.

I've attached the listings of all the codes for each device. I've even included commands that don't exist yet. Use the Flirc IR Documentation (above) to find the command you want then look up the code for it using the device ID and command ID. The Pronto codes follow the command identifier in square brackets.

Here is the link to my utility on gihub: https://github.com/rossmacgregor/FlircProntoCodes 

FlircProntoCodes.zip 

Edited by Ross MacGregor

On 8/20/2022 at 3:33 PM, Ross MacGregor said:

Here is the full listing of Pronto hex codes for Flirc. I used the specification provided by Jason to write an command line utility to generate Pronto hex codes. I've tested them on my Nvidia Shield and they seem to work fine. I was able to control the Shield by directly sending Flirc commands with my IP to IR flasher and not requiring any configuation of Flirc, it's just plug and play.  This should make things easier for those that have more sophisticated IR controllers.

I've attached the listings of all the codes for each device. I've even included commands that don't exist yet. Use the Flirc IR Documentation (above) to find the command you want then look up the code for it using the device ID and command ID. The Pronto codes follow the command identifier in square brackets.

Here is the link to my utility on gihub: https://github.com/rossmacgregor/FlircProntoCodes 

FlircProntoCodes.zip 15.69 kB · 2 downloads  

Hey Nice job.