Flirc Forums

Flirc is responding to my non programmed TV remote

kingmabuto

I recently bought the new metal Flirc snd programmed my IR remote to work on my Android TV box. It works great, all buttons work as they should in all apps and i even programmed a custom button to do multiple actions in Kodi. All perfect, except flirc is also picking up my TV remote signal and any button i press on it is as if i pressed the home button on my IR remote and takes me to Android  homescreen. For example I am watching a movie in kodi i press the volume up on my TV remote, it does turn up the volume on TV but also sends me back to the Android homescreen. Thats the case in any app, any button pressed on the TV remote activates the home button. Even when i put the  system to sleep/suspend, and turn off the TV with TV remote, the android box wakes up and goes back to homescreen. 

Before Flirc I was using a bigger remote that works on 2.4ghz wireless with its own dongle and had no such issues. 

Any ideas why it is picking up my TV remote signal and translating any button click to home button?  And how to solve it cause i love my new small minimal remote and don't want to go back to the big one. 

(note in didnt program the TV remote, just the small IR one) 

Thanks 

Can you provide more information on your hardware? What TV do you have and what remote control for it? What remote control do you use with Flirc?

Please save a configuration from Flirc to a file and attach it here.

Hi yawor,

The Android box is custom one I made with Odroid XU4 and running Android TV nougat (From CM/LineageOS 14.1). HDMI-CEC is switched off from the TV.

The TV is Hisense 43 Inch 4K UHD Smart LED TV 43K300, using the regular remote that came with it, I attached a photo of the remote.

The IR remote I am using is this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LESYXFO/

my cfg file attached.

Thanks for the help.

my_flirc_config.fcfg

remote.png

Your remote has 12 keys, but in your config I see 13 recorded. One key is duplicated and the hash for that key seems to be from a different remote. Maybe you've accidentally recorded your TV's remote when you've been configuring your Flirc. It is very sensitive so it is possible that someone else has been using the TV at the time and pressed some button on the remote before you did.

Other issue is why any key on that remote produces the same code. It seems to be using some weird protocol and/or different carrier frequency which makes it not compatible with Flirc.

What you can do is to click on Erase in Flirc GUI and press a key on the TV's remote. If I'm right the operation should finish successfully and your Flirc should not react to your TV's remote anymore.

Hi yawor,

Only the small remote was programmed. The TV remote was inside in the living room, quite far from my PC and no one was home when programming it. I did try a long press programming on the remote maybe that gave it 13, but it didn't work the long press (Do they work?)

Anyway, I tried as you said, but with any key, I press on the TV remote to erase it gives me "button already erased" message.

Any suggestions? is there a way I can completely wipe out all keys and start over fresh? Also shouldn't Flirc not react to a non-programmed key, here it is reacting to all keys being translated to Home key (Windows+Enter on KB map). Maybe the firmware should have a null translation to all non-programmed key for safety measure.