Flirc Forums

MCE remote

wayne

I'm not familiar with MCE that well, but basically you need to know how to execute specific functions from a keyboard. You can find WMC keyboard shortcuts on Microsoft website (for example here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff404226.aspx).

Which model of Flirc do you have? The new, metal one? If yes, then you need to be a little patient for the moment. Current firmware (4.0.21) which is distributed with software 2.3.8 does not yet work well with Windows Media Centre. @jason is working on a fix and he should push it soon. You can follow this thread:

For the old, clear plastic Flirc you need to go to Flirc GUI menu, click on Advanced and enable checkbox next to Sequence modifiers.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I have the old clear flirc on version 2.4. I have to say that many of the buttons on the media center controller are wrong.

here is the list of wrong buttons.

record, FF, rewind, go back, red, green, blue, yellow, show shortcut, fullscreen, go to guide, goto recorded tv. 

I have a genuine MCE remote so I know if these buttons were generating the correct code they would work.

7 hours ago, wayne said:

Hi I have the old clear flirc on version 2.4. I have to say that many of the buttons on the media center controller are wrong.

here is the list of wrong buttons.

record, FF, rewind, go back, red, green, blue, yellow, show shortcut, fullscreen, go to guide, goto recorded tv. 

I have a genuine MCE remote so I know if these buttons were generating the correct code they would work.

Grab the latest GUI, I've updated it. You'll need to re-record these keys. Can you check again, I believe I fixed most of these. Again, you'll need to re-record the keys.