Flirc Forums

CLIKR-5 Issues

nickheidke

Good afternoon!

I received my flikr in the mail today, and I can't tell you how excited I am to get this working on my setup.

I installed the flikr software from the website, then grabbed the remote control that my cable company provided, a CLIKR-5 (http://www.universalremote.com/resources/pdfs/UR5U-8700L_8720L.pdf). I selected XBMC for the controller, and proceeded to assign up, down, right, left and enter buttons to the directional arrows on my remote control. After selecting each one the flirc software said "Recorded successfully". However, when I hop into XBMC the button pushes are working maybe 1% of the time, if that.

To make sure I didn't have a defective unit, I grabbed a different remote control (remote for the Pioneer vx-521-k) and programmed the keys. It also said "Recorded successfully", but this time the controls worked flawlessly.

It would appear there's an issue with the CLIKR-5 and flirc. Any known work-arounds?

Thanks!

Hi nickheidke, welcome to the forums,

Glad to here the Flirc excitment.

I'm guessing here but that remote may have a similar characteristic as MCE remotes where by they toggle between different signals even though the same button is pressed.

I would suggest the same solution. Try recording each button press.

let us know how it goes,

Pleasant regards,

Chris!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, new to the forums here. I work for time warner and we use these remotes. What you should try doing is program the dvd function of the remote for a dvd player (sony is 001) and then try it under the dvd function. dvd is the only other function that can use the directional arrows. let me know how this works for you as im looking to get a pie and flirc in a couple weeks myself.