Flirc Forums

Using FLIRC with Wetek Play 2, LibreELEC and Logitech Harmony One

JohnWB

No, there's not. There's a Kodi profile if you want a quick start. As LibreELEC runs Kodi it should work out of the box (unless LibreELEC changed default keymap in Kodi).

But you don't even need a specific profile/controller in Flirc to add support for something you want. Flirc works as a keyboard, so as long as the hardware/software can be controlled by USB keyboard, then you can use Keyboard controller in Flirc GUI to assign any key (or key combination with modifiers) you want to any remote button. The specific controllers (like Kodi controller) in Flirc GUI are just shortcuts that provide predefined aliases for key combinations. For example the Info key on Kodi controller is nothing more than an "i" key on the keyboard.

On the Logitech Harmony side, you can use Flirc/Kodi profile in My Harmony, which is recognised by Flirc out of the box (it's a profile built into the Flirc firmware), so you don't even need to configure your Flirc to get basic controls in Kodi. If you want to add extra keys, then you can create your activity and assign extra buttons on the remote to send some other functions and then assign them in the Flirc GUI to key combinations you want. You are also free not to use the Flirc/Kodi profile in Harmony and use some other device profile and then configure your Flirc in Flirc GUI according to your needs.

If you decide to use a device profile other than one of Flirc/* profiles, then I always recommend one of the LG or Samsung TV ones. Just use one you don't have at home (for example if you have a Samsung TV, then use LG TV profile for Flirc). It's because they usually use one of the NEC family protocols which are simple and well supported by Flirc.