Flirc Forums

Flirc Gen 2 - Fire TV picks up Media center commands

Robawesome

I have had a 1st gen Flirc for a long time and it has been working great plugged into my FireTV. I have a harmony one remote that controls a windows 7 media center and the fire TV with no problems. I just "upgraded" to the 2nd generation Flirc and when I use the media center the Flirc picks up directional and enter commands. I accidently rented a movie that way. 

I now have 2 nearly identical setups in my house, one uses windows 7 media center and fire tv with Flirc gen 1 and harmony one remote, the other uses windows 7 media center, fire tv Flirc gen 2 and harmony 700. I have swapped the Flirc's and get the same results with the gen 2 picking up the commands. 

Any idea how to get the Flirc Gen 2 to ignore the commands like the 1st gen did?

Thanks! 

Jason, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I did copy the profile from the gen 1 to the gen 2 with the same results. I have attached the gen 1 firetv profile, and the gen 2 fire tv profile before I overwrote it with the gen 1 profile.

I have 7 devices and 5 activities on the harmony one.

Devices: MS Media Center, Samsung TV, Samsung BD Player, Yamaha Receiver, Fire TV, Comcast Cable Box, Light controller

Activities: Cable, Media Center, Blu-Ray, Fire TV, Chrome cast

I attached screen shots of the devices.

The Harmony 700 is set up nearly identical with the same results.

Thanks again for all of your help and such quick response!

gen2firetv.fcfg

gen1firetv.fcfg

harmonyonedevices2of2.PNG

harmonyonedevices1of2.PNG

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same issue with Flirc sending WMC remote commands to my Fire TV. I'm unable to use Flirc because of this. I don't see much support for this device. I will be returning it.  

I am going to fix this. It's just me, I just move the business out of the home, and into an office, and am back at work now. Plus we had a baby two weeks prior to this thread. 

Can you guys give me some information on the WMC profile that's on your harmony? How did you add it, manufacturer, and device. I'll reproduce this and push out a fix.

Sorry for the delays. No need to return it, just need a nudge.

Jason,

Congratulations on the baby!

I have used the Microsoft - Windows Media Center, and HP - OVU400103 (that's the part number of the HP IR receiver) profiles.

The FireTV with FLIRC was even receiving commands for my Blu-Ray player (in the uploaded image above). The only profile it didn't seem to pick up commands from was my Comcast Cable box (also see above image). 

I hope that helps!

Thanks! our second girl, been a tough month to say the least and the office was necessary because I couldn't get anything done at home anymore.

@Robawesome, can you clarify, when it was receiving commands from your Blue Ray player, was that gen1 or gen2?  Can you fire up advanced settings with gen1 plugged in, do you have built-in-profiles enabled?

@sssst, okay, this makes sense. I actually have a WMC profile built in, particularly for streacom, but it should work with inteset remotes. What remote are you using with firetv? Inteset?

Nemo failed.

I tried dori and not sure it was able to flash it. The status bar went from white to green and then the program wouldn't respond. Let it sit for 20 minutes and still nothing. Forced close it and opened it back up and it immeaditaly said updating firmware and completed.

After that it is still sending WMC remote commands to the Fire TV.

I do appreciate your efforts Jason.

Thanks.

Definitely didn't upgrade. Try it again. If it's stalled for a even a minute unplug it and plug it back in. Don't close the GUI  

When you start the software after a failed upgrade it will load the embedded version, and in this case is the known non working one. 

When did you get your flirc and are you using windows? Windows upgrades are always a bit more trouble, but they should work. 

When all is said and done the firmware version in the lower left corner should match the one on the file name. 4.0.18

Just tried that a few times. Stalls, unplugged, plugged back in and says update failed.

I got the Flirc 2 weeks ago. Using Windows 7 64 bit.

There is a flirc.ini file in your windows directory. Open that up, set all the false -> true. Set loglevel = 5 as well.

If you can't save the file, copy the flirc.ini to the desktop and Flirc.exe to the desktop. Run from there.

Try upgrading with the dori image. Send me the log file. that gets created when it fails.

There is a flirc.ini file in your windows directory. Open that up, set all the false -> true. Set loglevel = 5 as well.

If you can't save the file, copy the flirc.ini to the desktop and Flirc.exe to the desktop. Run from there.

Try upgrading with the dori image. Send me the log file. that gets created when it fails.

Done.