Segfault

Philips DVD player remote

32 posts in this topic

You have to enable the log as described in my pictures. Need the latest software.

Alright, you lost me. Do you want me to use your software to log in my Kodi box? It cannot be done, I do not have any Window Managers installed, just Kodi running on Xorg. Additionally, my Kodi box is running on Gentoo, installing your software on Gentoo is not easy. I think I tried once but gave up.

I'll try and reproduce this, however, can you tell me if you get the same results across machines?

No telling. I have just one Kodi box currently. My home was flooded last year, I lost all my frontends. My desktop has no Kodi installed. I have Linux Mint in VirtualBox to support my friends who use it, I have your software installed in Mint. Desktop itself is Gentoo.

All I can tell it worked alright until I upgraded the firmware. :( Of course, there is a possibility it is just a coincidence and something happened to my remote same time. But the odds are very low. Please let me know if there is a way to debug it using my existing equipment and I'll do it. I have to admit the problem is quite irritating right now.

5 hours ago, Segfault said:

No telling. I have just one Kodi box currently. My home was flooded last year, I lost all my frontends. My desktop has no Kodi installed. I have Linux Mint in VirtualBox to support my friends who use it, I have your software installed in Mint. Desktop itself is Gentoo.

All I can tell it worked alright until I upgraded the firmware. :( Of course, there is a possibility it is just a coincidence and something happened to my remote same time. But the odds are very low. Please let me know if there is a way to debug it using my existing equipment and I'll do it. I have to admit the problem is quite irritating right now.

Okay, I see you named the log file my_flirc_config, that threw me off

I think I know what's wrong, you'll have to setup a remote session with me so we can do a few things together.

OK, I found there is a command line utility in your software package, I thought maybe I can run it in my Kodi box to debug the issue. No go. My Kodi box has no 32-bit support and the executable is 32-bit. Amen. The only OS I can run it on is my VBox Linux Mint. 

Every freakin' flash utility I've used in my life offers old firmware backup in case the new one has a problem. This is the first case I experience downgrading the firmware is literally denied. Your software, your policies. For me it is time to look for a different solution, methinks. Getting frustrated, yes, sorry.