Flirc Forums

USB Flirc v2 released; Flirc Streacom Edition v2 on the horizon as well?

Hotwire

• 3 years later...

I know that's an older question. But since FLIRC-SE seems to be out of stock at the moment, I would also like to know if a new version is planned.

Will there be a FLIRC Streacom Edition V2 after all?

If not, I hope that at least the previous version will continue to be produced and be available again soon.

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2020 at 1:37 PM, blachner said:

I know that's an older question. But since FLIRC-SE seems to be out of stock at the moment, I would also like to know if a new version is planned.

Will there be a FLIRC Streacom Edition V2 after all?

If not, I hope that at least the previous version will continue to be produced and be available again soon.

Ditto. I have it on a reliable leaker that the Ryzen 4000 APUs are coming very, very soon and so many people are hurrying to prepare to build fresh new HTPCs for this summer. The fuss right now is there is no IR module to speak of for any of the Streacom cases. Having had headphone amplifier PCBs manufactured in China, I know via the circles and channels I am in touch with that the fabrication centers are already back online there. If you could do another run of the FLIRC-SE, a great many people would be indebted to you!

Edited by Hifihedgehog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2020 at 7:58 AM, jason said:

It's done, packaging is done, I just have to pull the trigger. But the pandemic has been killing me. Every day, I'm slammed. I'm going to try and kick it off this week.

This is great news. I love Flirc (after I got it working). Only thing missing is being able to turn on my PC with remote. Probably going to bay 2+ even I don't have a streacom case ^.^

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 2:48 PM, PixelSupreme said:

This is great news. I love Flirc (after I got it working). Only thing missing is being able to turn on my PC with remote. Probably going to bay 2+ even I don't have a streacom case ^.^

It would be great news, but the original news was already from May this year. It's a pity that nothing else has happened since then.

• 2 months later...
On 5/31/2020 at 1:58 AM, jason said:

It's done, packaging is done, I just have to pull the trigger. But the pandemic has been killing me. Every day, I'm slammed. I'm going to try and kick it off this week.

Any update on these units? I know of SFF HTPC builders who have been just settling on the far more limited Perfect Home Theater IR receiver because nothing has become available a year after this thread was first created.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have been focusing all my efforts on our new remote. Everything took a back seat, including the website. When you have so few resources, it was hard to justify so much effort on a new streacom, when so little sold, especially with the component shortage. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/6/2022 at 9:39 AM, jason said:

I have been focusing all my efforts on our new remote. Everything took a back seat, including the website. When you have so few resources, it was hard to justify so much effort on a new streacom, when so little sold, especially with the component shortage. 

Understandable. If you happen to have any old stock hiding in some old box or workshop crevice, I'll buy the rest from you. I have a couple family builds that I maintain. And if I see someone online who needs it, I will charge for cost to them or less. I just really feel bad this space has fallen into obscurity as a relic of history. What remains are USB dongles that offer no way to power on a device from S5 or a complete shutdown state. Perfect Home Theater also offered a similar offering through late last year, but they too have removed their offering. I am hoping this space sees a renaissance since IR receivers that can power on their host systems are still important in HTPCs.

Edited by Hifihedgehog