Flirc Forums

Transfer "old" configurations to a new Flirc dongle

Flavia

How can I transfer / duplicate the Configurations from a Flirc V1 (FW 3.8.0) to my new Flirc V2 (FW 4.0.7) ? Clearing, loading the old configs and saving to the new dongle does work, but my SmartRemote (One for all) won’t work. Do I have have to reprogramm all keys (this would work but it is annoying)?

Thank you for helping, Flavia :)

System: Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6

Edited by Flavia

• 2 weeks later...

Just to be sure, as you've mentioned loading the old config and saving it to the new Flirc. Exactly which options are you using? You should plug just the old Flirc, then save configuration (it saved configuration from device to a file), then unplug old one and plug in new one and finally load configuration (it loads configuration from a file to the device). Is this exactly what you're doing?

I think it will be :). I've found out what is the issue and already reported it to Jason.

Anyway, I think it's best to record everything from the start anyway. New Flirc has a new feature: it not only stores the IR signal hash and keyboard key code for each record, but also analyses signal and stores the amount of time between signal repeats making the key hold detection to be more robust (that's why there's no longer inter-key delay needed for 2nd gen). Because old Flirc doesn't have that information in its config, when you import it to new Flirc a default value is used. The default may work but it's not guaranteed. After the import is fixed you should do some tests and check if key repeat is working properly for you.

Edited by yawor

@yawor
Thank you Yawor, I wonder if I made a mistake, but if I enter the command I get an error (v2.3.1, iMac el Capitan):

funtypes-iMac:~ funtype$ /Applications/Flirc.app/Contents/Resources/flirc_util keys
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libhidapi.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Flirc.app/Contents/Resources/flirc_util
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

@jason
Thank You Jasen, I just tried it, first I cleared the configs again, loading the old config and saving it to the new Flirc. Unfortunately still without success.

Can you do a test? Clear both old and new Flirc and then record one button on old one and the same on new one. Then save both configs and attach them here. Also clear new Flirc again and load config from old one and then also save it and attach as a third file.

As for the flirc_util error, do you have Flirc GUI opened? It should be closed before accessing Flirc with flirc_util.

Edited by yawor