Flirc Forums

suspend windows and xbmc

sleepytime28

Is there a way to suspend my htpc whether I am in xbmc or windows? I was up all night trying to figure it out. I don't want 2 buttons as I use a harmony 1100 and activities. I tried to set up a suspend shortcut with a hotkey and the same hotkey in my xbmc keymap.xml but it breaks the hotkey in both windows and xbmc completely.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a flirc issue or if it's something in windows that got borked when I was messing around last night but about 1 in 3 suspends when in xbmc causes a blue screen error.

If anyone has an idea for me to try regarding suspending my machine let me know.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Well I figured it out. I use eventghost for my system hibernate (and presumably much more in the future ;) ). It works even when behind xbmc. As for my blue screen errors that was due to my ssd. If I hibernate rather then sleep I don't get the blue screen error. I do believe I have everything working perfectly B) .

Glad to hear it works so well with the Harmony 1100. I bought this thing to use it with the same remote, but mine hasn't shipped yet. How is the range do you have to have it pointed directly?

range is great. I can put it on the back of my htpc and it still works 98% of the time. Better results than a mce receiver on a USB extension cable direct line of sight.

Yes, I've been really impressed with flirc's range and sensitivity. In all light levels that occur in my living room, even with my HTPC set up in a relatively deep and narrow cubby in my console, I can plug the flirc into one of the back facing USB ports and get nearly flawless response from anywhere in the room. I use a 6-inch usb extender cable that makes it 100% flawless response, as it gets the flirc out from behind the box and facing forward, but it's still recessed and less obtrusive than connecting it to a front port would be. I can point the remote at the back wall and the reflection is enough to control my HTPC.

Yes, I've been really impressed with flirc's range and sensitivity. In all light levels that occur in my living room, even with my HTPC set up in a relatively deep and narrow cubby in my console, I can plug the flirc into one of the back facing USB ports and get nearly flawless response from anywhere in the room. I use a 6-inch usb extender cable that makes it 100% flawless response, as it gets the flirc out from behind the box and facing forward, but it's still recessed and less obtrusive than connecting it to a front port would be. I can point the remote at the back wall and the reflection is enough to control my HTPC.

that is my experience as well. I too use a USB extension cable. Although I use a USB hub which seems to negate the bugs in the wake up firmware v. 6.