Flirc Forums

Flirc-SE power on not working

HTPC

Hello!

I was unable to program a working power on button with my Flirc-SE. Using latest Windows 10 and Flirc GUI the software gave me the thumbs up and the button was bound because i was unable to assign it a second time, but pressing the button did not start the pc. After i changed the OS to LibreElec (latest stable Kodi 16.1) i installed the XBMC Flirc addon 1.0.3 and again, thumbs up after i programmed a second power on button but the PC did not boot using it. I did resolve this problem by using the flirc_cli still running LibreElec, did program a 3rd power on button with it and (only) this power on button does work.

Also funny: running LibreElec and Kodi 16.1 i did press the first under Windows 10 + GUI programmed power (on) button and the up, down, left, right and select buttons got deleted instantly.

Hope that help. If any more details about the software (versions - used latest December downloads) or hardware is required to resolve this, please let me know.

Hi,

Yep, that's a known thing. GUI still doesn't have support for recording Flirc-SE power button. GUI only supports wake up key, which works with both Flirc USB and Flirc-SE, but only for waking up from a suspension or hibernation. I think having Flirc-SE power button programmable from GUI would require detection of the specific model in the software and showing this button only for users of Flirc-SE. Otherwise there would be a lot of people reporting that power button doesn't work on their Flirc USB units. Unfortunately current GUI doesn't differentiate between both models.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Yep, that's a known thing. GUI still doesn't have support for recording Flirc-SE power button. GUI only supports wake up key, which works with both Flirc USB and Flirc-SE, but only for waking up from a suspension or hibernation. I think having Flirc-SE power button programmable from GUI would require detection of the specific model in the software and showing this button only for users of Flirc-SE. Otherwise there would be a lot of people reporting that power button doesn't work on their Flirc USB units. Unfortunately current GUI doesn't differentiate between both models.

What the heck? You knew this on January the 5th and this still doesn't work? I really feel ripped off. Especially because it is advertised on the product page that it is possible to change that from the GUI. You could be sued for this. Fortunately this is preset on the Harmony remote (titled as PwrOff). Please fix your software, it's buggy.

Edited by Mattia_98
Figured out that it is preset on harmony, but how would I know?