Flirc Forums

FLIRC disconnected after going to sleep

madmanuel

Hello Jason

I tried running the device-log command again, this time without the Logitech Unifying Adapter present and the command worked this time.

The results are:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Flirc>flirc_util.exe device_log
<1>malloc_addblock(49): Heap Block: 0x20001FAC - 0x20002FFF (4k)
<3>init_modules(419): Module Load Error: &module = 0x0000EA60
<3>log_output_init(42): no log hw found
<3>init_modules(419): Module Load Error: &module = 0x0000EAF0

Late I know but better late than never :)

I will also try the 4.0.15 FW and update you.

Thanks

Kevin

Okay, confidence is fairly high with this one. Give this a shot.

nemo.release-4.0.15.bin

Hello Jason

Sorry about this but since upgrading from 4.0.14 to 4.0.15 I am no longer able to Wake the computer.

I downgraded to 4.0.12 and I am able to Wake the computer again.

Also, I have ordered a Bluetooth USB Adapter (ASUS BT400) to replace the Logitech Unifying Adapter so I will update you how things go when I receive it, hopefully on Wednesday next week.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Edited by Kevin Cowans

Now, now :)

Also, since downgrading from 4.0.15 to 4.0.12 I have been able to Wake the computer successfully each time, however, with 4.0.15 I have been unable to get Wake to work pretty much at all, sorry.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Because of your funny hardware issue with the logitech, I doubt this would have fixed it. 

Because of your funny hardware issue with the logitech, I doubt this would have fixed it. 

Hello Jason

Sorry, I was not clear, since I discovered the issue concerning the Logitech Unifying Adapter I have had it removed from the system.

The testing I have done with the 4.0.15 FW has been done without the Unifying Adapter present.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Edited by Kevin Cowans

This is getting weirder :(. I've upgraded to 4.0.15 and checked on both my computers and it still works properly.

Jason has asked this before, but can you test on the same hardware but with a different system? Maybe one of the live usb distros so you don't need to modify your hard drive. I don't know if the sleep will work with live usb though (it should).

How long do you have your Win10? Maybe there's some driver conflict caused by something you've installed before. Windows USB drivers can get messy sometimes and potentially non-related things start to misbehave. It's a last resort, but I wonder if system reinstallation (or factory reset in Win10) would help in this situation.

This is getting weirder :(. I've upgraded to 4.0.15 and checked on both my computers and it still works properly.

Jason has asked this before, but can you test on the same hardware but with a different system? Maybe one of the live usb distros so you don't need to modify your hard drive. I don't know if the sleep will work with live usb though (it should).

How long do you have your Win10? Maybe there's some driver conflict caused by something you've installed before. Windows USB drivers can get messy sometimes and potentially non-related things start to misbehave. It's a last resort, but I wonder if system reinstallation (or factory reset in Win10) would help in this situation.

Hello Yawor

Thanks for the reply.

This HTPC was a complete new build in December 2016.

Windows 10 Home x64 was installed and is completely up to date and the only other programs installed are Plex Server, Plex Media Player, EasUs ToDo Backup, TeamViewer and of course the Flirc Software (2.3.1).

I have made sure there are no leftovers in Device Manager.

Also, the USB Root Hub has xHCI after it, I do not know if that is relevant but I thought it best to mention it.

Thanks

Kevin

Edited by Kevin Cowans

Kevin, you said earlier: Sorry about this but since upgrading from 4.0.14 to 4.0.15 I am no longer able to Wake the computer.

im so confused.  Now you said 12 was is the only one that works.

Hello Jason

Sorry, I got my versions wrong, I was able to Wake the computer for a while using 4.0.14 but when I upgraded to 4.0.15 I had issues again as in it would not Wake the computer at all.

When I was using 4.0.12 things would work for a while and then just stop working, much the same as with 4.0.14.

This whole thing is getting me confused.

One other thing I tried was I unplugged the Flirc and removed all instances of it from Device Manager, Rebooted and plugged the Flirc in again.

After doing this I was able to Wake the computer a few times before it failed again.

I just do not know what else to check as I have gone over everything I can think of.

I think I have decided that once I receive the ASUS BT400 this week I am going to perform a Factory Reset of Windows 10 and see if things improve.

Sorry for causing any problems for you.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Hello Jason

Sorry, I got my versions wrong, I was able to Wake the computer for a while using 4.0.14 but when I upgraded to 4.0.15 I had issues again as in it would not Wake the computer at all.

When I was using 4.0.12 things would work for a while and then just stop working, much the same as with 4.0.14.

This whole thing is getting me confused.

One other thing I tried was I unplugged the Flirc and removed all instances of it from Device Manager, Rebooted and plugged the Flirc in again.

After doing this I was able to Wake the computer a few times before it failed again.

I just do not know what else to check as I have gone over everything I can think of.

I think I have decided that once I receive the ASUS BT400 this week I am going to perform a Factory Reset of Windows 10 and see if things improve.

Sorry for causing any problems for you.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

really makes no logical sense. 14 and 15 are identical. In 15 I'm also checking for S2 and S3 on top of S1. 14 only checks for S1. Newly round apis in the chip. 

Im with Yawor. Download ubuntu on a USB stick. Boot it. See if the issue persists. 

really makes no logical sense. 14 and 15 are identical. In 15 I'm also checking for S2 and S3 on top of S1. 14 only checks for S1. Newly round apis in the chip. 

Im with Yawor. Download ubuntu on a USB stick. Boot it. See if the issue persists. 

Hello Jason

I agree, it makes no sense.

Also, I am using Windows 10 Home on the HTPC when I prefer the Pro Editions as there are no restrictions or missing features.

I have been doing some more testing and for some unknown reason I am now able to Wake the computer with 4.0.15.

And now it has stopped working again.

I really do not understand this.

Would you recommend doing a Windows Reset first or trying the Ubunto on a USB Stick?

Either way, I am going to wait until I receive the Bluetooth Adapter so that I can use my keyboard again.

Really sorry about all this.

Kevin

I'd honestly run Linux. That'll tell you for certain if its bios or driver caused. 

I'm sorry as well. 

Hello Jason

Right, Linux it is.

I have found the download for the ubunto desktop iso and will be able to create a Bootable USB without issue, however, how do I go about using the Flirc with it?

Sorry, but in my 35 years of using computers I have never used linux :(

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Hello Jason

Right, Linux it is.

I have found the download for the ubunto desktop iso and will be able to create a Bootable USB without issue, however, how do I go about using the Flirc with it?

Sorry, but in my 35 years of using computers I have never used linux :(

Thanks in advance

Kevin

once paired in windows, you don't need any additional software. So set it up in windows and it should work with your previously paired remote without any additional software 

@Kevin Cowans as we are only 1 hour apart timezone wise, in case you have some problems running ubuntu let me know using private message here on the forum. I'll try to help you then.

As for using keyboard over BT, you'll unfortunately find that you can only use it when the OS is fully booted. You also need to pair the keyboard in the OS. So for booting Linux from USB you need to use Unifying (or some other keyboard).

@Kevin Cowans as we are only 1 hour apart timezone wise, in case you have some problems running ubuntu let me know using private message here on the forum. I'll try to help you then.

As for using keyboard over BT, you'll unfortunately find that you can only use it when the OS is fully booted. You also need to pair the keyboard in the OS. So for booting Linux from USB you need to use Unifying (or some other keyboard).

Hello Yawor

Thanks for the offer.

I have managed to create the Bootable USB for Ubunto and have been able to Boot the HTPC with it successfully.

I have tested the Flirc and I am able to successfully put the HTPC to Sleep and also Wake it using my Harmony One Remote every time I have tried.

Now, the question is, what does this prove?

It would seem that the hardware, Flirc, USB Ports, BIOS etc. are all good so what would this point to, an issue with Windows 10 or?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Hello Yawor

Thanks for the offer.

I have managed to create the Bootable USB for Ubunto and have been able to Boot the HTPC with it successfully.

I have tested the Flirc and I am able to successfully put the HTPC to Sleep and also Wake it using my Harmony One Remote every time I have tried.

Now, the question is, what does this prove?

It would seem that the hardware, Flirc, USB Ports, BIOS etc. are all good so what would this point to, an issue with Windows 10 or?

Thanks in advance

Kevin

windows configuration or a windows driver related issue 

great find and good step in the right direction. 

Edited by jason

Hi, 

the last days its working good, im always able to wake up the pc. only when i press win + safe energie its not working. 

then yesterday i try the v15 to check if its working, but with 15 i cant wake up the pc at all.

im watching in the device manager and i see there is no tab with power settings, i remove the flirc and put it back, and after that the power/energie settings are back and its working.

we will see how it is the next days

Edited by Foxxi

Hello Jason

Something new this morning.

I used the Keyboard to Wake my computer (Flirc would not Wake it) and after it was on the Remote would not work.

After checking in Device Manager the items related to the Flirc under 'Human Interface Devices' all had the error stating that no Drivers were loaded for the Device.

This is the first time this error has occurred.

I unplugged the Flirc, Deleted all the associated Devices in Device Manager, Rebooted and plugged in the Flirc after which the Flirc worked again, no Wake but the Device was recognised, the Drivers loaded and the Remote worked again.

I am still using 4.0.15.

Thanks in advance

Kevin