Flirc Forums
Xaan

Windows 10 - Flirc Disconnected

I am having the same problem.  Just received my (metal V2.0) Flirc yesterday.  I downloaded and installed the GUI today (3.9.8).  After the install I plugged in the Flirc to my Windows 10 64bit (1709 build 16299.192) and after in installed the hardware the GUI still says disconnected.  I tried uninstalling the Flirc device from Windows and uninstalling the software and reinstalled as administrator and reinstalled the device but still no go.

Help.

5 hours ago, Slaughterhouse said:

Hey!

Was there a resolution to this thread? I am experiencing this issue. All steps above to troubleshoot have been taken.

GUI = v3.9.8

Flirc = v2 (metal)

This is happening after I recently moved. The Flirc device has worked on this box previously. This time, when I plugged in the device, I was prompted to do a firmware upgrade, which I did. Since then, the device has been "Disconnected" in the GUI. The GUI installed goes through installing drivers, and Windows appears to finish installing the device when I plug it in.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device and the GUI. Rebooted, ran everything as administrator, etc. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

D

Can you post a log like the user did. Not to worry. I’ll get it working. 

30 minutes ago, Slaughterhouse said:

Here's the log.

flirc_log.txt

I didn't see any flirc. You guys don't have the libusbk driver installed, do you?

Any chance you guys can do a team viewer session?

I tried to install it as one of the old solutions, but noticed that it's not for this version of the product. I have since uninstalled it, but the device didn't show up before I tried it, either.

I can jump on a session. Should I PM you the details?

Thanks!

This was different than what this posting originally was. Llooks like this was a bug. I'm pushing an update. Should be posted in about 30 minutes. Infuriated about the bug. 

Im using hidapi, and am actually jumping on to be a maintainer. For some reason, the interface number for the USB device is showing up as -1, should be 0. Want to pull my hair out.

Thank you for this quick fix. I had just built a new rig and was setting everything up and couldn't for the life of me figure out why this wasn't working (I assumed PEBKAC). All the best!

Jason,  Thank you for the new version (3.9.9).  That has fixed my problem.  I was worried since the problems I had with 3.9.8 resulted in a Flirc that was not working at all.  All is better now.

My issue with Flirc (Metal) Version 2 was not having this device work in a front usb 2.0 or 3.0 port.  Windows 10 Pro 64 bit would not recognize nor connect via gui when inserted into my front usb ports.

When I used an usb extension cable and used the motherboard usb 2.0 or 3.0 ports it worked as advertised.