Flirc Forums

Windows 10 - Flirc Disconnected

Xaan

Hi all,

Trying to get this setup on a new MSI Cubi running Windows 10 Home 64-bit and the software (2.0.0) only says the Flirc is disconnected. I have reinstalled the software several times, rebooted, tried all of the other USB ports (all 3.0), uninstalled the device and drivers, updated the driver manually, updated the driver to 3.0.7.0 via ZADIG, but no luck with anything.

Under Device Manger, both the flirc and the HID Keyboard Device show up without any issues, but the software just insists that it is not connected.

flirc_devices.thumb.JPG.b19cf2ba1d9b6ee7

I have another WIndows 10 laptop and the issue is exactly the same on that system as well. What can I do? 

flirc_disconnected.thumb.JPG.feabd8e5732

Let's set up a team viewer. It could be a mistake in the version 2.0.0 software that I'm unable to reproduce. But this was one of my biggest gripes with the original version. I'm a bit limited with the hardware, and the new version operates completely driverless. None of this bullshit. In fact, PM me. Help me try and uncover what's wrong with this so I can issue a software update, and I'll send you the new one on the house.

I am still having issues.  With 2.0.1, I get an error message as soon as I run the program, says the program has stopped working.  Have tried fresh install, no change. 

can we set up a team viewer session? If not, at your convenience;

There is a flirc.ini in the installation directory.

Can you change all the false to true, then set the loglevel = 0 ---> loglevel=5

Then can you post the log?

Im getting this too (i emailed your seperately but thought i should respond her in case to save time?).

I tried on win10 and win7 with the same results.

Faulting application name: Flirc.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x584cf595
Faulting module name: Flirc.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x584cf595
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002aa80
Faulting process id: 0x22c4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d253f4871d884e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Flirc\Flirc.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Flirc\Flirc.exe
Report Id: 01dfed9d-f491-401f-a972-d19f176bde7e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

-System

-Provider
   Name]Application Error

-EventID1000
   Qualifiers]0

Level2

Task100

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated
   SystemTime]2016-12-11T21:21:26.457791500Z

EventRecordID2888

ChannelApplication

ComputerSteel

Security
-EventData
   Flirc.exe
   584cf595
   Flirc.exe
   584cf595
   c0000005
   0002aa80
   22c4
   01d253f4871d884e
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Flirc\Flirc.exe
   01dfed9d-f491-401f-a972-d19f176bde7e

Im getting this too (i emailed your seperately but thought i should respond her in case to save time?).

I tried on win10 and win7 with the same results.

Faulting application name: Flirc.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x584cf595
Faulting module name: Flirc.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x584cf595
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002aa80
Faulting process id: 0x22c4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d253f4871d884e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Flirc\Flirc.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Flirc\Flirc.exe
Report Id: 01dfed9d-f491-401f-a972-d19f176bde7e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

-System

-Provider
   Name]Application Error

-EventID1000
   Qualifiers]0

Level2

Task100

Keywords0x80000000000000

-TimeCreated
   SystemTime]2016-12-11T21:21:26.457791500Z

EventRecordID2888

ChannelApplication

ComputerSteel

Security
-EventData
   Flirc.exe
   584cf595
   Flirc.exe
   584cf595
   c0000005
   0002aa80
   22c4
   01d253f4871d884e
   01dfed9d-f491-401f-a972-d19f176bde7e

I believe you have the older one, correct? The issue reported above is definitely different. Long story short, I created another sku for a huge company who was looking to partner, and they ended up not moving forward. I repurposed that sku, but gave them a different USB Product ID in the process.

The new 2.0 software has a completely re-written driver model that handles all the device communication. I simply forgot to add the AZ product id when searching for the device. This is why some people have a 'disconnected' state when opening the GUI. There was a substantial amount out there. Completely forgot about it, was about a year and a half ago.

I believe you have the older one, correct? The issue reported above is definitely different. Long story short, I created another sku for a huge company who was looking to partner, and they ended up not moving forward. I repurposed that sku, but gave them a different USB Product ID in the process.

The new 2.0 software has a completely re-written driver model that handles all the device communication. I simply forgot to add the AZ product id when searching for the device. This is why some people have a 'disconnected' state when opening the GUI. There was a substantial amount out there. Completely forgot about it, was about a year and a half ago.

Ah, gotcha!

Yes this from a bit ago.  Is there an older version of the GUI i can use?  (right now it crashes it if it's plugged in)

• 4 months later...

Im having same issue with newer metal flirc.   Maybe you can email me at jimmy.robicheaux@gmail.com to see if there is newer software to fix this?   Otherwise i have a $20 piece of hardware that does nothing

this is an old post and there should have been an update posted. This might be different. What's going on with yours? Does it just say disconnected all the time? Does it show up in device manager?

Disconnected all the time.  I uninstalled driver and tried to reinstall.  Same issue. 

Im trying to get harmony remote to work with 2017 shield 16 gb.  

Try right clicking the app and running as administrator. 

If that doesn't work, go to the Installation directory, drag flirc.exe to the desktop along with flirc.ini. Open up the flirc.ini and change the 0->5 and all the 'false' words to 'true'.

A log should be put on your desktop after running the application. Post that log and I'll take a look.

Disconnected all the time.  I uninstalled driver and tried to reinstall.  Same issue. 

Im trying to get harmony remote to work with 2017 shield 16 gb.  

I've got another thing we can try if that didn't work. Hoping to hear back from you.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, ExplodingSidewalk said:

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

FLIRC GUI Disconnected / Disconnected (Not Responding)

Latest version of Flirc.exe as of 07/15/2017.  Flirc USB Version 2 (metal).

Thanks for your help

FLIRC_GUI_Screenshot_01.PNG

FLIRC_GUI_Screenshot_02.PNG

FLIRC_USB_Version2_Devices.PNG

flirc_log.txt

You need to remove the libusbk driver, it's only needed for the first generation. The second generation doesn't need any drivers.

• 6 months later...

Hey!

Was there a resolution to this thread? I am experiencing this issue. All steps above to troubleshoot have been taken.

GUI = v3.9.8

Flirc = v2 (metal)

This is happening after I recently moved. The Flirc device has worked on this box previously. This time, when I plugged in the device, I was prompted to do a firmware upgrade, which I did. Since then, the device has been "Disconnected" in the GUI. The GUI installed goes through installing drivers, and Windows appears to finish installing the device when I plug it in.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device and the GUI. Rebooted, ran everything as administrator, etc. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

D