Flirc Forums

Uable To Successfully Setup for Win 7 Media Center

LowAmmo

New to the forums and Flirc, but, I've been looking for a good replacement for iMon on my HTPC - due issues with it not handling other programs very well (PowerDVD, Plex).  Works great for Media Center, but doesn't work so well for those external programs.

Anyway, I bought a Flirc, and tried setting it up, and that's where I keep failing.

I have a Universal Remote WR7, and I've tried all the Media PC codes, but none seem to work correctly.  It seems like Flirc is seeing different buttos presses as the same button.

For example, I'm just trying to get the Skip forward button to work, and I was successful.  But, then I try to map the Skip back button to work - and it sees it as the same button press as skip forward on the remote. Similar cross over is happening with the Channel up & down, the arrow up and down, and the pause button.

Since iMon works fine, I wonder if there is a problem with the hardware that I got? Or if there is just something that I'm missing.

I did set the "Sequence Modifiers", but the only change that seemed to help with was to decrease the odds that the Up arrow got confused with the Pause button.

I also was able to resolve really bad states (not recognize any mapping) but unplugging and then plugging in the Flirc receiver - which makes me wonder if I might have a hardware issue...

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

-Thanks!

Edited by LowAmmo

Thanks for the quick responses!

I tried all the other 'HTPC' codes, including Haupauge's.  And all ended up about the same.

I also tried using other device types, but, at least this remote, doesn't send anything for 'Guide' or 'Menu', etc., which makes it at least not work as a media center replacement.