Flirc Forums

Wrong key behaviour

Cyriak

Hello,
I just bought a flirc USB receiver to use with a raspberry pi 3 with kodi. I tried to set it up with the gui software but i still get the same result:
When I record a key, it's seems to work (recorded succesfully message), but If I use the key either it's recognised to be an other key or it isn't recognised at all (for example, when i set up the number 1 key, it's recognised as the 7 key afterward)

To resolve this I tried:
- Using several other remotes
- Reinstalling Gui software on Windows 10 and Windows 7
- Upgrading firmware to the latest version

None of this worked and I don't know what else to do that could fix the problem. Is my flicr usb broken? What should I do?

Thanks.

Hi,

You're probably using a keyboard layout which is not compatible with US QWERTY. This is a known issue.

You can follow these links for description of workarounds:

What you basically need to do is to look where the symbol you want is placed on your physical keyboard and how you use it (does it require to use modifiers like alt or shift?). Then in the Flirc GUI you don't look at the symbols on the keyboard image, but what matters is the key position (for example first row, third key etc). Just use the same modifiers and key position.

I'll prepare a much better description of the workaround when I have more spare time.