Flirc Forums

Appears to Record Key, but Not?

clobber

Hi,

Using Harmony One to control Kodi running on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Almost everything works except the play and pause buttons.  What I am doing:

1) Open the FLIRC software.

2) Choose Kodi

3) Test various keys on the remote control. When I press various keys like the "back" button, the corresponding key lights up green in the software (good).

4) When I press the pause or play keys on my remote, neither key lights up green in the tool.

5) Attempt to program both of the play and pause keys. The tool reports that both keys are programmed. However, I then immediately press one of the keys and the tool does not recognize it (light up green). Likewise, the play and pause still do not work in Kodi.

Am I missing something?

thanks

Switching to Keyboard and then reprogramming the keys worked. In Kodi, pause is the spacebar.

Just to confirm something. When I open the software and choose Controllers->keyboards or Controllers->Kodi, is that actually changing the configuration of the device?

No, it doesn't. Flirc only saves the mapping between remote's button code and selected keyboard key combination. The configuration is changed only when you either record a new key, remove old one, load saved configuration, clear configuration or change any of the advanced options.

The Controllers in the Flirc GUI are just predefined keyboard key combinations and it doesn't matter if you for example record key "i" from keyboard controller or Info from Kodi controller to show information about show or movie in Kodi.

Edited by yawor