Flirc Forums

Flirc/Shield TV/K400 Keyboard

JayLaFunk

Hi,

I have paired my K400 wireless keyboard with the windows app (Full Keyboard) on my laptop, pressing keys on the keyboard show on the laptop but when I connect Flirc to USB 3.0 on my Nvidia Shield TV, nothing happens with any keyboard commands, any ideas why it's not working.

I don't think you paired the keybaord with flirc. The user interface is going to show you all keyboard presses, regardless if it's coming from flirc, or from your physically attached keyboard, or your wireless keyboard. 

What you are seeing is the keys from the wireless keyboard, but that wont pair with flirc. That's probably bluetooth. Flirc is used to pair with an infrared remote. 

Does that make sense?

Logitech K400 uses Logitech's Unifying technology receiver. You should have one already if you were able to control your laptop with it. Just unplug it from the laptop and plug it into Shield TV. It's a little dongle with a logo like this http://business.logitech.com/assets/46414/12/mk330fobeu-455x500.png

You can also buy the Unifying receiver if you need another one and pair the keyboard to it, but you need to remember that the keyboard can be only paired to a single receiver at any one time. If you program it with another then it removes previous pairing (unless the keyboard or mouse has an option to switch between multiple receivers, but K400 doesn't have that).

Edited by yawor

Logitech K400 uses Logitech's Unifying technology receiver. You should have one already if you were able to control your laptop with it. Just unplug it from the laptop and plug it into Shield TV. It's a little dongle with a logo like this http://business.logitech.com/assets/46414/12/mk330fobeu-455x500.png

You can also buy the Unifying receiver if you need another one and pair the keyboard to it, but you need to remember that the keyboard can be only paired to a single receiver at any one time. If you program it with another then it removes previous pairing (unless the keyboard or mouse has an option to switch between multiple receivers, but K400 doesn't have that).

Thanks Yawor,

Yes it came with the unifying USB dongle, I found a Logitech wireless mouse that I wanted to use with my laptop and used the unifying dongle to pair it, I thought I could pair the K400 with my Flirc but as you & Jason say, it won't work, I'll look out for another Unifying dongle so I can use both and sort my problem.

Cheers