Flirc Forums

down button hops right back up and other new flirc user oddities

the block

I recently bought a Flirc so I could use it on my Chromebox w/ OpenElec Plex.  Prior to buying it, I could not access the Context Menu with my Rosewill MCE remote, so I figured keyboard commands ("C" in this case) are the way to go to make sure I have access to everything that was intended.

I programmed my Flirc the way I wanted it, and I'd say it is 80-85% working how I want.  I do experience oddities, like pressing the down button.  Sometimes when I press it, the menu I am navigating goes down 1 click, and then goes right back up again.  Sometimes I have to press and hold the down button for it to go down and stay, and sometimes doing that goes down 2 or 3 menu items when I only wanted one.  I thought this maybe had something to do with the timing intervals, and I've tried 0-7 and there does not seem to be a sweet spot.

I also have issues with my back button.  I have programmed it to be the Escape key, but when I press it, sometimes it acts as the enter key and goes deeper into a menu rather than backing out of it.  I have cleared my configuration many times and completely re-programmed it, and this behavior is pretty constant.

Has anyone experienced issues like this?  Perhaps Amazon sent me a lemon?  I'm not really sure what to make of it as I think I've done everything right.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

After screwing around with it for a while it seems the problem is the Rosewill remotes.  I set up one of my Harmony remotes with Flirc-Kodi as a device and I've had no problems since.  Just a shame I couldn't re-use the Rosewill remotes for this purpose, but oh well, as long as it's working.