Flirc Forums

New Flirc stopped working after 30 mins of use

JMCSN

Hello,

Just received my first Flirc, started mapping keys for Kodi. Everything seemed to work fine. When I tried to remap an extra key afterwards, flirc stopped responding and does net let me record keys anymore. Tried with 3 PC's & 4 different remotes. Device shows up in device manager as flirc though. Firmware was updated to 3.4 but the problem stays. Seems to not recognize IR anymore.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

Hi JMCSN,

Sorry you haven't gotten a timely response here.  Jason, the guy who single-handedly runs Flirc, is extremely busy and does all this in his spare time, but I've never seen him fail to make things right with someone.  I had a Flirc unit replaced when it was determined that there was a hardware issue, and I've seen others get their issues resolved or faulty hardware replaced as well.  Sometimes it can take a while, but you absolutely didn't buy your Flirc for nothing.

Regarding what you've tried so far, does the Flirc GUI actually see that the unit is connected when you plug it in?  Have you tried resetting the device, or perhaps interacting with it from the command line?  I am not in front of my system so I can walk through it with you, but I will be tonight and can maybe give you some better suggestions later for troubleshooting steps you might take while you wait for Jason to respond.

If worse comes to worst, and all signs point to hardware failure, check out this page.  Specifically, there's a link there to a contact form you can fill out and Jason should get back to you as soon as he can.  In the meantime, I'll take a look on my own system and respond here.

• Like 1

• digitalb0y featured and unfeatured this topic

Thanks so much for following up. Yes, it's just me here, and I'm working full time at NVIDIA, it's really been killing me, I have a lot going on. I don't always see the posts in the forum.

The method provided by digitalb0y is in-fact the best way to get a hold of me and track support tickets. 

@JMCSN doest the gui detect it, and then when you click to record a key, does it just get stuck in, 'press a button on your remote to pair with 'a''?

• Like 1

Hello Jason & Digitalb0y,

Sorry I reacted a little annoyed, just want this thing to work. ;-)

The GUI does detect the Flirc, it says connected every time I plug it in. When I click to record a key, indeed it gets stuck on that message. As I said in the mail, I've checked the IR sensors with a scope and they are working fine.

Hi JMCSN,

My apologies, I didn't have time to test on Friday night.  The first thing I can think to try from the GUI is to completely clear your configuration and start over recording buttons (if you haven't tried that already).  I remember seeing some discussion of rare cases when a configuration was corrupted and I believe this should blow it away so you can start over recording buttons.  If it still doesn't show up, you might look into re-installing the device firmware.

I notice you say the device shows up in device manager.  Do you see it in there twice?  It's possible this fix could be applicable to your situation: https://flirc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201160137-Device-Disconnects-When-Pressing-Remote-Button

If all that fails perhaps Jason has some other suggestions, but I'd say at that point you might as well use the contact form link from earlier in the thread anyway, since Jason will ultimately be the one responding to you if you're still having trouble, and he can tell you if any other variables can be tested/eliminated before hardware replacement.  Feel free to come back here if you have other questions, though.  I will do what I can to help when Jason's too busy.  Good luck!

best thing to do is send me an email at support@flirc.tv.

I can get you an RMA there

I've done that twice, called you twice both times leaving callback numbers on voicemail or contact info including order numbers on previous shipments that did not reach me. ( this was mid last year. I got no reply so I tried a few months later. ) Still nothing. 

Im now having the same problem as the OP with a different Flirc which led me here. 

I've done that twice, called you twice both times leaving callback numbers on voicemail or contact info including order numbers on previous shipments that did not reach me. ( this was mid last year. I got no reply so I tried a few months later. ) Still nothing. 

Im now having the same problem as the OP with a different Flirc which led me here. 

@Ryancharies, I've confirmed with JMCSN that he was not getting my responses. Please check your spam box. If you can't find it, PM me your email/and address.