Flirc Forums

Need Drivers for Windows 2012 R2

Trcns

I had an hp EHome remote receiver that I was using with Windows 8 and Windows 10. But I could not make it work with Windows 2012 R2, after reading about flirc which said it works with all OS, I purchased it but I still cannot make it work with Windows 2012 R2. I have a software which is Windows media player compatible and any media player remote works with it. But I need drivers for it. I configured the remote as media player comparable, but in device manager it's asking for driver with yellow make on it. Can you please help?

Hi,

Yes, Flirc works with any OS without need for extra drivers, but this is true only for normal operation (receiving IR signal and execute keyboard button presses). For programming Flirc you still need drivers and compatible OS. I don't know if it's possible for Jason to provide drivers for Windows 2012 R2. Have you tried installing latest Flirc software?

If installing Flirc software doesn't help then one thing you can do right now is to program Flirc on different PC with proper driver support (Win7, Win8, Win10, Linux, OS X) and then connect it back to the one with Windows 2012 (just ignore the missing driver).

Also Flirc is not an MCE receiver. It won't work with MCE remote out of the box. You need to program it using Flirc software by recording button presses on the remote and assigning a keyboard keys to them.

Just ignore the missing driver. It's only required for programming. If you don't need to program it on the Windows 2012 R2 then the missing driver shouldn't be a problem.

For normal operations Flirc acts as a USB keyboard so if you are able to use USB keyboard on the system then you should also be able to use Flirc for remote control.