Flirc Forums

FLIRC + Harmony 650 + Mythtv

lukejj

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been discussed in detail elsewhere that I haven't been able to find.  I have a MythTV (mythbuntu) + Harmony 650 + FLIRC which for most parts is working great and was very easy to setup, however, I just can't get the button that is used to exit menu items working - this is normally the "escape" key.  I was thinking that FLIRC didn't like mapping the escape key, so on the mythTV frontend I mapped the "B" key to work as the same function as escape, but still it doesn't work.

Can anyone advise what profile on the Harmony I should us?  At the moment, I've used the DVICO dual 4 - since this is what my tuner card is.  

I tried using the FLIRC profile, but then then Harmony software said that it wanted to know the hardware being used - I didn't know what to use so I didn't continue.

I anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Luke

Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been discussed in detail elsewhere that I haven't been able to find.  I have a MythTV (mythbuntu) + Harmony 650 + FLIRC which for most parts is working great and was very easy to setup, however, I just can't get the button that is used to exit menu items working - this is normally the "escape" key.  I was thinking that FLIRC didn't like mapping the escape key, so on the mythTV frontend I mapped the "B" key to work as the same function as escape, but still it doesn't work.

Can anyone advise what profile on the Harmony I should us?  At the moment, I've used the DVICO dual 4 - since this is what my tuner card is.  

I tried using the FLIRC profile, but then then Harmony software said that it wanted to know the hardware being used - I didn't know what to use so I didn't continue.

I anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Luke

To me it rather looks like some bug in the MythTV frontend that it doesn't accept input from the Flirc in this exact situation. You can test if Flirc is really sending the Esc or B key by opening some other software that can react to these keys (you can for example plug the Flirc temporarily to a different computer, run a text editor and press remote button you've mapped to the B key - it should write B into the editor). As you've said at the beginning of your post, everything else is working smoothly so the unit is working properly.

I've never used MythTV so I can't give you any advice on how to resolve or go around your problem. It looks like the MythTV userbase here is also not very big as no one else has replied to you yet. Maybe you should ask on MythTV forums?