Flirc Forums

Logitech Profile

Peter847

I use Flirc to control Kodi using a Logitech Harmony remote.  I have read the articles on the Harmony remotes but I still need some help adding extra functions to the My Harmony profile.

I understand how to add the extra functions but I do not want to just choose a button on another remote to generate codes, it might duplicate one of the existing codes and do something on another device.  I have WinLirc up and running with an IR receiver/transmitter so I'd like to define the protocol/codes in the config file and use WinLirc to teach them to the My Harmony.  

Is there a list of codes and protocol (or better still the LIRC config file) that Flirc uses in the Logitech profiles so I can generate new codes that are consistent with what is used already?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know much about Harmony (I don't own one) and LIRC, but if you already have the setup with LIRC then can't you just record and decode what is already sent from the remote? There are applications which can detect protocol used and it's parameters from the raw signal data.

I'll ask Jason if it's possible for him to disclose info on the details of the protocol.

Thanks for the help.  I recorded the output from the harmony remote using Lirc but it could not decipher it.  I then captured the output on a scope and tried to decode it manually but it does not follow any of the protocols I could find.  I also tried controlling Flirc using the Microsoft RC6 protocol on the harmony remote but that did work well, it generated missing and duplicate actions. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've given up on trying to decode the protocol used in the Harmony Flirc profile.  It doesn't seem to follow any of the published standards (RC5/6 NEC, Sony etc) and I don't have time to record each function, To add the missing functions, I'll probably use an NEC code that I know my TV does not act on.

• 1 year later...

I have interest in this [old] topic as well.  I've got a setup where I've got two raspberry pi's relaying iR signals using web services.  My FLIRC is setup for a Harmony and when trying to configure lirc to understand the signals it fails to match any known protocols.  I was able to get the buttons to map in RAW mode, but I'd much prefer a standardized configuration.  Can we get a dev to chime in and tell us what iR protocol you guys are using when configured with a Harmony remote?

I've attached the raw config I came up with for reference.

lircd.conf

This going back a while and my memory is fading on this subject but I did do a lot of work trying to decode the standard Harmony protocol so I could add some extra features. But I think it is proprietary, you either use it as is or try one of the standard protocols with your own button mappings.